30-year-old picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

roygoh

Jan 18, 2002
Northwest
Visit site
A picture taken by my father 30 years ago.

Anyone here old enough to recognise the place and the vehicles in the picture?

Taken on Minolta range finder camera. Settings not recorded. Scanned on Acer Scanwit 2720s. I believe the film is Fuji.

aaa.sized.jpg

Place:

Lengkok Bahru or Kampong Ampat

Car (left side)

Datsun 120Y? (Must be new judging from the guy looking at the vehicle :D )

Originally posted by Goondu
Place:

Lengkok Bahru or Kampong Ampat

Car (left side)

Datsun 120Y? (Must be new judging from the guy looking at the vehicle :D )

Place:

Toa Payoh Lorong 5. The carpark is the one behind block 51. I am not sure if the buildings shown across the street are still around.

The secod picture is taken at the same area. The building behind the cute model (my sister) is block 52, which is directly opposite block 51.

Car on left: Datsun 1200

aac.jpg

wahhh... all posting up old pictures.. hmmm.
sien homex down. cannot put pics. Must looks else where liao.
homex cannot trust man

i kinda had a weird feeling it was TPY when i saw the buildings haha but then again it was a guess.

Usually when seeing this kinda old pic...yeah the first few places you will think of is like Bukit Ho Swee, Tiong Bahru area..... dunno why

Originally posted by roygoh

Place:

Toa Payoh Lorong 5. The carpark is the one behind block 51. I am not sure if the buildings shown across the street are still around.

The secod picture is taken at the same area. The building behind the cute model (my sister) is block 52, which is directly opposite block 51.

Car on left: Datsun 1200

aai.jpg

Er, roygoh, is the number for 4D?:D :p

wow, from what i see in the picture, i realise how much things have changed in 30 years.

The car models, building design, roads, MRT stations, people's dressing...etc

I wonder what it's be like in another 30years time. :dunno:

30 years later? Hmmm... CCD? Cmos? what are they? We'll be using light sensitive ceramics! Well maybe... they are planning to use light sensitive ceramics to replace damaged retinas...

Status
Not open for further replies.