2nd hand Nikon D1X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly not as experienced as some of the pros here but here's my 2 cents worth as an amateur..

I used a D70 before buying a used a D1x. Since then, the D70 has been sitting in the dry cabinet (I've since sold it off). The colours on the D1x are great (seem to be more saturated) and noise (to me at least) at ISO 800 seems to be lower.

Needless to say, the viewfinder, build quality and AF are miles ahead. Flash exposure with the SB-600 hasn't been a problem (DTTL is underrated, I feel). Also, D1x can meter with AI(S) lenses.

About the only thing I'm missing from the D70 are the ability to zoom in on playback, battery life and the built-in flash!

glennyong said:
andy ho and beachboy, when K.k says D1x he means he wants to hear response about the D1x and not about whether topping it up to get the D200.
You're right Glenn, I am sorry KK and others here that I got carried away with the D200. :embrass:

Kho King said:
CIO, when you say up scale D1X raw file to 10MP, is D70 RAW file can be up scale as well?

D70 raw file like espn said. cannot upscale. but u can resize upwards. BUT thats unless you dun mind pixelated pictures...

the the amount of details the ccd can capture is another point to take note.

defintely a d1x can capture details far better den a d70.

one thing i like about d1x. the saturated reds and blues... one of the winning factors. ytd saw a few sets gg for around 2.2 - 2.5k the condition realli good too.. ;)

Cheesecake said:
hey... read this and found it intriguing...

r u sure about this???
Think he meant dynamic range. :D

glennyong said:
andy ho and beachboy, when K.k says D1x he means he wants to hear response about the D1x and not about whether topping it up to get the D200.

i hope you guys can contribute more to K.K by giving him answers to this questions.

Kindly leave the moderation to the moderator okay.

Ian
Nikon Forum Moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.