28-105mm lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

grooveballer

Feb 17, 2004
hi guys

i am thinking of getting either one of these lenses for my mz-6.

1. Pentax smc P-FA 28-105mm F3.2-4.5 AL

2. Sigma 28-105mm F2.8-4 Aspherical

does anyone have an opinion about these glasses? i got cp to quote for me, but both are not in stock and the pentax one has to be on order, which would take about 3 months.

i would really appreciate any comments or advice.'

thanks!

grooveballer said:
hi guys

i am thinking of getting either one of these lenses for my mz-6.

1. Pentax smc P-FA 28-105mm F3.2-4.5 AL

2. Sigma 28-105mm F2.8-4 Aspherical

does anyone have an opinion about these glasses? i got cp to quote for me, but both are not in stock and the pentax one has to be on order, which would take about 3 months.

i would really appreciate any comments or advice.'

thanks!

From what I read, the best 28-105 lens for Pentax is the obsolete FA 28-104/4-5.6 (Powerzoom). It's heavy though. You can look around on eBay for this, but it's a hot item.

Why don't get the FA 24-90mm SMC? Heard a lot good words about this lens. I'd buy this one if I use a film camera.

Good luck!

Anyone letting FA 28-70/4 AL?

hey guys

thanks for your thoughts!

i'm really at a loss. was walking around chinatown today and popped into max photo. they carry a tamron 28-200mm f3.8-5.6 AF for $400. is that a good buy? is the lens any good?

btw, my mz-6 comes with a smc 28-90mm f3.8, which is really soft. the images are not sharp at f3.8. that's why i'm looking around for a replacement zoom.

another consideration is just sticking with what i have (the above lens and a surprisingly good cosina 19-35mm) and getting a 2nd hand 50mm f1.7 manual lens for $110 at the shop beside cp at peninsula plaza.....

my photos usually centre around buildings and my baby daughter.

any thoughts?

thanks!

grooveballer said:
hey guys

thanks for your thoughts!

i'm really at a loss. was walking around chinatown today and popped into max photo. they carry a tamron 28-200mm f3.8-5.6 AF for $400. is that a good buy? is the lens any good?

btw, my mz-6 comes with a smc 28-90mm f3.8, which is really soft. the images are not sharp at f3.8. that's why i'm looking around for a replacement zoom.

another consideration is just sticking with what i have (the above lens and a surprisingly good cosina 19-35mm) and getting a 2nd hand 50mm f1.7 manual lens for $110 at the shop beside cp at peninsula plaza.....

my photos usually centre around buildings and my baby daughter.

any thoughts?

thanks!

I think most lenses, in particular consumer-grade zoom lenses, are pretty soft when wide opened. I'm not really a fan of zoom lenses because from my experience, a good zoom lens cost a lot, while cheaper ones are disappointing in quality.

But I do admit that they are very convenient! I own a superzoom 28-210mm myself. When I shoot a zoom lens, however, I would stop them down to f/8 or f/11. I think at that aperture most modern lenses are actually quite decent.

Don't know about architectural photography-specific lenses. You probably will require speciality prime lenses that are corrected for minimal distortion, and also does perspective control.

Status
Not open for further replies.