27 august 2005 is still a Public Holiday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got holiday meh?:dunno:

depends on the company that youre working for.
for those working 5-day week, some goody companies MIGHT compensate you for that half day (Sat mah..). that is, most likely the half day or even whole day's leave would be added to yours.

but chances are, think the HR would act blur :think: :bsmilie:

I think from the thread starter's tone in his subsequent post that this may be only a hoax.

I think they already state at the very begining that if there's no election, there won't be a holiday. So where the thread starter get his info from?

Zenten said:
As far as I am concerned, it's a PH irregardless of the 'pre-conceived' election results.
I am going out shooting on that very morning.

Moderators, may be you would want to close this thread once for a change........ unless you have something to add ........ is 27/8/2005 a holiday? :think:

Please get your facts right! :thumbsd:

Or unless you start this thread just to tell everyone you are not working on Saturday mornings?

:angry:

Very grave news .......confirmed with Elections Department ....Public Holiday called off, back to work. .........Inconvenience caused is deeply regretted.:embrass:

cancelled becos now only left 1 candidate.. no need to vote liao hence no holiday :sticktong

Regardless of 5 days or 6 days week, if u had to come back and work means u have to come back right?

To me, no election is better as I can plan my whole saturday...so here who's happy that 27 Aug is a "PH"? LOL

Quoted from your other thread:

Zenten said:
Dear CSers, thanks to good people moderating the CS forums, all threads pertaining to Presidential Election are fully closed...... wait a minute .... let's start another one here ..... and make them :sweat: .........:blah:

Quotes from this thread:
Zenten said:
Moderators, don't tell me you awnt to close this thread as well ........:sticktong

Zenten said:
Moderators, may be you would want to close this thread once for a change........ unless you have something to add ........ is 27/8/2005 a holiday?

What is your problem exactly?

It has been clearly stated in the Kopitiam guidelines that discussions on politics are not welcomed here. Do you have problem understanding the guidelines as well as the explanations given by the moderator who closed the offending threads (including your earlier thread)? If not then why are you poking at the mods non stop?

If this thread is not a discussion on politics then we have no reason to close it, unless you make any more posts/remarks with the intention of making the moderators :sweat:

- Roy

Please get your facts right. There will only be a holiday if there is voting for the President. If there is no voting, there will not be a holiday.

Er, what is "irregardless"? Is there such a word?? :dunno:

holiday or no holiday, no different leh..........................................??? upz Upz UPZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a check on www.dictionary.com weaved the following result

"Usage Note: Irregardless is a word that many mistakenly believe to be correct usage in formal style, when in fact it is used chiefly in nonstandard speech or casual writing. Coined in the United States in the early 20th century, it has met with a blizzard of condemnation for being an improper yoking of irrespective and regardless and for the logical absurdity of combining the negative ir- prefix and -less suffix in a single term. Although one might reasonably argue that it is no different from words with redundant affixes like debone and unravel, it has been considered a blunder for decades and will probably continue to be so."

well the link is here
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=irregardless

Zenten said:
As far as I am concerned, it's a PH irregardless of the 'pre-conceived' election results.
I am going out shooting on that very morning.

Moderators, may be you would want to close this thread once for a change........ unless you have something to add ........ is 27/8/2005 a holiday? :think:

There's no reason for us to close the thread, since we see no violation of any guidelines. Neither does telling everyone you don't have to work on 27 Aug 05 qualifies a closure of this thread.

Appreciate if you can take a look at the Kopitiam guidelines here,

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=15393

Your cooperation will give everyone less :sweat:

Thanks

Kopitiam

P.S However, if you think there's enough said/ or the purpose of starting this thread is fulfilled, and it serves no purpose for the thread to continue, you can always request the mods or admins to close it.

Zenten said:
Despite having no need to vote for a elected President. That very day 27/8/2005 has been gazetted as a public holiday.

At least all is not lost ........:D Yippeee!!!!

Just blabbing out without using checking up can do you more harm than good. :angry: But then again, what else is new? ;(

Bluestrike said:
a check on www.dictionary.com weaved the following result

"Usage Note: Irregardless is a word that many mistakenly believe to be correct usage in formal style, when in fact it is used chiefly in nonstandard speech or casual writing. Coined in the United States in the early 20th century, it has met with a blizzard of condemnation for being an improper yoking of irrespective and regardless and for the logical absurdity of combining the negative ir- prefix and -less suffix in a single term. Although one might reasonably argue that it is no different from words with redundant affixes like debone and unravel, it has been considered a blunder for decades and will probably continue to be so."

well the link is here
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=irregardless

Wah ... as a student of English Language, I must say I'm impressed ... :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.