2013 Singapore Waterski Championships - Bedok Reservoir - Sunday 14th April 2013

wakeboardnsa

Jun 13, 2007
2013slamdunklogo.jpg

• The 2013 Singapore Waterski Championships will feature the best local and regional waterskiers

• Slalom, tricks and jumping are the three events of waterskiing.

• The 2013 Singapore Waterski Championships will feature the slalom discipline

• The slalom event is performed on one ski by an athlete attempting to negotiate his way around the outside of six buoys in a zigzag course without falling or missing a buoy in consecutive passes. An athlete receives one point for each buoy that he successfully rounds. The athlete who skis around the most buoys and scores the most points, wins the event. Each athlete begins with a 18-meter (60-foot) slalom rope at the minimum boat speed for his age/gender division. Once an athlete has run enough passes to reach maximum boat speed for his division, the rope is shortened in pre-measured lengths until he misses a buoy or falls.

• There will be event categories for skiers of all abilities.

• The best Skiers from Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Japan and Singapore are expected to compete

General Information

Date/s: Sunday, 14th April 2013

Event Venue: Bedok Reservoir, Singapore (opposite the road from Waterfront Key)

Organisers: Singapore Waterski & Wakeboard Federation (SWWF)

E-Mail: swwfed@singnet.com.sg

Last edited:
Revised Tentative Schedule of Events

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Round 1
9:00 AM Women's Half Course
9:30 AM Men's Half Course
10:00 AM Women's Open - Good to Shoot
10:15 AM Men's Open - Good to Shoot
11:00 AM Men's Masters - Good to Shoot
11:15 AM Women's Novice
11:30 AM Men' Novice
12:00 PM Women's Intermediate
12:30 PM Men's Intermediate
12:45 PM Women's Advance
1:00 PM Men's Advance

1:15 PM LUNCH BREAK

Round 2
1:45 PM Women's Half Course
2:30 PM Men's Half Course
2:45 PM Women's Novice
3:00 PM Men' Novice
3:15 PM Women's Intermediate
3:45 PM Men's Intermediate
4:15 PM Women's Advance
4:30 PM Men's Advance
4:45 PM Men's Masters - Good to Shoot
5:00 PM Women's Open - Good to Shoot
5:15 PM Men's Open - Good to Shoot

6:00 PM End of Event

thanx for the info...
this will be my 1st time to shoot at this location, would 70-200 F2.8 be enough on the focal length? or need to bring a teleconverter?

Noted...thanks :)

Thanks for the heads-up.
Will be a very busy Sunday - morning going to Ah Hood Road for the Thangyin water festival at the Burmese temple then noon to ACM for the thai's Songkran and late afternoon here, Bedok Reservoir. Probably will need to forgo one of these

thanx for the info...
this will be my 1st time to shoot at this location, would 70-200 F2.8 be enough on the focal length? or need to bring a teleconverter?

Hi Denzel,
My friend shot the previous wakeboarding event using 500mm...so probably you need your TC.

Great time to test out my D7100 on 80-200 lens with DX x 1.3 crop and see how the image goes

Hi Denzel,
My friend shot the previous wakeboarding event using 500mm...so probably you need your TC.

noted..will definitely bring my TC...thanx :)