• The 2013 Singapore Waterski Championships will feature the best local and regional waterskiers
• Slalom, tricks and jumping are the three events of waterskiing.
• The 2013 Singapore Waterski Championships will feature the slalom discipline
• The slalom event is performed on one ski by an athlete attempting to negotiate his way around the outside of six buoys in a zigzag course without falling or missing a buoy in consecutive passes. An athlete receives one point for each buoy that he successfully rounds. The athlete who skis around the most buoys and scores the most points, wins the event. Each athlete begins with a 18-meter (60-foot) slalom rope at the minimum boat speed for his age/gender division. Once an athlete has run enough passes to reach maximum boat speed for his division, the rope is shortened in pre-measured lengths until he misses a buoy or falls.
• There will be event categories for skiers of all abilities.
• The best Skiers from Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Japan and Singapore are expected to compete
Date/s: Sunday, 14th April 2013
Event Venue: Bedok Reservoir, Singapore (opposite the road from Waterfront Key)
Organisers: Singapore Waterski & Wakeboard Federation (SWWF)