2 Ngee Ann Photographic Exhibition

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 or 2 or 3 or 4. What is important is that you have try. But than those who do not even submitt.

you so little of us in the clubsnap. I believe their are 650 photography submitted.

i think the NACC is more into landscape or building type..... I heard last year not many people protrait, if you sent in people pic, chances they might not choose your pic

Not if you do it with artistic taste e.g. nude photography (which they accept) or more dramatic and compelling e.g. photojournalism. Theatrical fantasy with props e.g. Dungeons & Dragon, Lord of The Ring which in turn requires lotsa D.I. and visual effects. Personally I think that is still considered Art.

Apart from the above mentioned, nature & landscape or travel photography are the "best" themes for exhibition and for sale. :)

both my selected ones are shots from the zoo; a Bengal Tiger and a bunch of Jackass Penguins.

all my pictures are human interest, all chinese singapore girls around my age =) two are portrait, one is full body shoot. And none of them nude or using fancy outfit. No obvious DI or visual effect at all - all natural make up girls use everyday and even one no make up! XD oh yeah, and digital instead of film =p

Do you think it would be a good suggestion to meet up in nearest mrt and go there together at opening night? For those like me who use public transport. So we can know each other =)

I got two of mine selected havent print yet.. going to do at photobugs.
you can email there actually if you lazy to make two trips
photobugs have an email

" ... 4R size photo of each entry and a soft copy (in CD-ROM) of the photo entry in 72 dpi, 3360 x 2240 pixels, TIFF format. ......."

According to paragraph 1 of Entry Requirement, softcopy must be in 3360 x 2240 = 7.5M pixels, is that right??:dunno:

AngelZhou said:
i printed mine at bras basah. Supposed to be able to collect today but i collect tomolo =)
did you do laminating?

jeffhiew said:
" ... 4R size photo of each entry and a soft copy (in CD-ROM) of the photo entry in 72 dpi, 3360 x 2240 pixels, TIFF format. ......."

According to paragraph 1 of Entry Requirement, softcopy must be in 3360 x 2240 = 7.5M pixels, is that right??:dunno:

That was during the suggestion but once you are selected you hav to print out in 10 x 15 inches

jeffhiew said:

it doesn't matter. eventually, your prints may be in a few selected dimensions and 10" by 15" is one of them.

word of advise to those who have yet to print. it would be good if you can set your picture to the dimension of choice before heading down to the shop. if not, was told that they will do some cropping to meet the selected dimension.

Lenscapes said:
did you do laminating?

i did for mine. i think it's safer that way. the pictures will be clear of fingerprints :bsmilie:

AngelZhou said:
Do you think it would be a good suggestion to meet up in nearest mrt and go there together at opening night? For those like me who use public transport. So we can know each other =)

are you sure the opening ceremony is in the night and not during the day? i don't mind meeting up with the rest of you and go together.

mohgui said:
are you sure the opening ceremony is in the night and not during the day? i don't mind meeting up with the rest of you and go together.

It is not stated in the letter. I do not mind meeting up together. To a closes date i post the place and time. May be go park mall for a drink before going there.

Angel-you have inside information.

Mohgui-Thank you for the advise.

jeffhiew said:

sort of - for instance i have 4:3 photos which have the longest side having 3360 pixels and the shorter side more than 2240 pixels. They just want a minimum resolution for whatever purpose they have in mind.

also your source don't need to be 7.5 megapixels. i'm sure most of us upsampled from our files where needed. i know someone upsampled from a 2 megapixel file...

Status
Not open for further replies.