1D Mk 3 -- AT LAST!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

StephenO

Dec 14, 2006
Hi All,

Just got a phonecall from Canon Marketing... Apparently the EAGLE HAS LANDED!!!

Official launch to dealers will be today with stock being available from this Weekend!!

RRP as we all know $6999

WOO HOO!!!:thumbsup:

Hi All,

Just got a phonecall from Canon Marketing... Apparently the EAGLE HAS LANDED!!!

Official launch to dealers will be today with stock being available from this Weekend!!

RRP as we all know $6999

WOO HOO!!!:thumbsup:

That is good news....horray! MSColor Quoted $6450.....

just $7000

sounds rather affordable for the very top end camera from Canon :)

hmmm

Wonder how Nikon is going to react

think about it, if mk3 just launch, its near impossible to have a replacement 5D without replacing the 'ageing' 1Dsmk3 first. If the 5D gets replaced first, then the 1Dsm2 sales will take a standstill for most cases.

no $$ to upgrade :(

buy buy buy!!!! :lovegrin:

Just reserved from MS color :
1DM3
16-35 M2
24-70
70-200 F2.8 IS
580M2 :bsmilie:

Hope to pick up on Saturday when I am free.

But is not for me.....;(

WOW :eek: top of the cream... how much everything.. got special price??

Just reserved from MS color :
1DM3
16-35 M2
24-70
70-200 F2.8 IS
580M2 :bsmilie:

But is not for me.....;(

:drool: well, its not for you but I'm sure you'll get your hands full playing with the 16-35(2) and 1D3 and 580(2) lethal combi!!

and maybe post some comments bout the 580ex II? i'm pretty interested in it..

Used it, not bad, solid feel. Basic functions same as 580ex. The difference I noticed is the setting of master and slave between flashes, have to do the setting through the menu. Overall. :thumbsup:

Used it, not bad, solid feel. Basic functions same as 580ex. The difference I noticed is the setting of master and slave between flashes, have to do the setting through the menu. Overall. :thumbsup:

hmmm.. can elaborate more on the master and slave part? through the menu like nikon flashes?? i'm pretty interested in the additional PC sync.

hmmm.. can elaborate more on the master and slave part? through the menu like nikon flashes?? i'm pretty interested in the additional PC sync.

Not a nikon user, can't help to compare the difference. However, by comparing with 580ex, the setting of flash nos. and channels, even on/off flash have to go through a process of selections using dial and set buttons. Need to have some practice to get use. As for the PC sync, will try it on next shoot. Cheers! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.