18 - 180mm Lens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intially i was about to get the 18-180mm lens cos of its range.. but i gave it a miss cos of the reviews i read.. instead i got the 14-54mm then the 40-150mm lens.
Good choice. Next the 7-14 or the cheaper 11-22. If into zooms, then the 90-250.:bigeyes: na...joking only.

Good choice. Next the 7-14 or the cheaper 11-22. If into zooms, then the 90-250.:bigeyes: na...joking only.

Next lens to get maybe the 7-14mm lens.. i want a wide angled lens without the fisheye.. hehe.. for the super zoom lens.. the kind of photos i'm taking right now has no use for it.. so maybe next time.. time to save $$$$$$$:sweat:

Next lens to get maybe the 7-14mm lens.. i want a wide angled lens without the fisheye.. hehe.. for the super zoom lens.. the kind of photos i'm taking right now has no use for it.. so maybe next time.. time to save $$$$$$$:sweat:

The 7-14 can be a little extreme and require good technique to make the best of it, otherwise it can turn out extremely boring shots... in short its not easy to use. The 11-22 is more forgiving as an everyday lens, has excellent image quality for less than 1/2 price of the 7-14.

Thx all for the comments. It seems like I have the sudden urge to sell it off, but feeling kinda reluctant to do so. Cos is still of a good range for convenient when go around walking and shooting. Hmm... Mayb wait till I come back from HK next mth and give the lens another try out.
As mention before by someone in some thread, that person mention is either u trade of with convenient or quality. I guess this is true.

If you are comfortable with the range, keep it. Another way would be to add the 11-22 to cover the wide requirements. With that, you would have covered 11-180 with only 2 lens while other have to do it with 3.

If you are comfortable with the range, keep it. Another way would be to add the 11-22 to cover the wide requirements. With that, you would have covered 11-180 with only 2 lens while other have to do it with 3.

Yeah! agree with Blur-bu-u, my setup is currently like mentioned 11-22 + 18-180mm
consider budget setup as compared to combi of 7-14 + 14-54 + 55-200mm

Thx all for the comments. It seems like I have the sudden urge to sell it off, but feeling kinda reluctant to do so. Cos is still of a good range for convenient when go around walking and shooting. Hmm... Mayb wait till I come back from HK next mth and give the lens another try out.
As mention before by someone in some thread, that person mention is either u trade of with convenient or quality. I guess this is true.

I'm not sure that you should sell it. It's a great range for outdoor shots and you could probably use a polariser to get a better look from the photos.

Maybe, you should have gone for that other 10x lens, the Sigma 50-500mm instead. :)

Sigma 50-500!!... That is one huge lens. I don't think you would want to carry that on a walkabout..or even a studio shoot.

For me, I chose the 135-400 over the 50-500. but the new 70-300 would be more interesting. That would most likely replace my existing 40-150.

Just came back from NDP. The 18-180mm lens din really fail me. I'm kinda getting use to it. This time round brought along a CPL to help tidy up the excess lights. Seems like the pic is pretty acceptable.
Luckily I brought my kit len 14-45mm along and manage to get some good shots of the fireworks. Ya, I think I will still keep this len. But gotta get a decent CPL as I took my old old film camera CPL which is a bit CMI to temporary try out on the 18-180mm len.
I think Blu-By-U gave a good suggestion. Getting a 11-22mm len to cover a wider angle. That I might consider if my pocket is not that tight anymore. hahaha...!!
P.S. Sorry, not able to post any pic yet as I really dunno how to go about doing it and also, all my photos after shooting and review, i just put them one side and did nothing to them anymore while going out for more shooting instead.
hahaha...!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.