17-85mm IS USM going to discontinue production? How true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelvin Tan

Oct 13, 2004
Is Canon going to discontinue the above mention? Or are they coming up with a new one? Can someone advise? Thanks:sweat:

15-135/3.5-5.6 IS for me~

Heard from AP salesman in Funan, when I ask for pricing.
Or is he going to con me to buy on the spot knowing that
I am desperate?:embrass:

there is no mention of it anywhere.
where did you get the information from ? :dunno:

AP salesman-Funan knows about this kinda thing? Oh man so well informed..

Who? Been there a few times and their attitude seems ok...

huh really!!Thats shocking:eek: I would have thought that lens would be really popular with people juz starting with dslrs.Oh well have to wait for the 15-135/3.5-5.6 IS then:D

Is Canon going to discontinue the above mention? Or are they coming up with a new one? Can someone advise? Thanks:sweat:

Seriously doubt it.

Logically before a model is discon, it has to be replaced or at least already have a newer, similar pricefocal length range and better selling model.

As it is, it's already a sizable, weighty a*& lens. Slap on IS components and maybe change/redesign the lens groups/elements and it's gonna be real heavy.

I thought its the 24-105 f4L IS that's bundled with the 5D.

Thanks guys for all the info..

Canon EF 10-400mm f/1.2L IS USM

if only...

I would just settle for a EF 18-200mm f/2.8-4 IS.. I sometimes feel like jumping ship to nikon for their 18-200mm VR lens.. Wonderful range for a walk around lens.

but - grass on the other side always looks greener.

I would just settle for a EF 18-200mm f/2.8-4 IS.. I sometimes feel like jumping ship to nikon for their 18-200mm VR lens.. Wonderful range for a walk around lens.
but - grass on the other side always looks greener.

I think it's just a matter of time. Unlike Nikon, when Canon announces a product, it is readily available some time after that. :bsmilie:

I can't wait to replace my 17-85 IS with an 18-200 f/4-5.6 IS. :bsmilie:

As for 18-200 f/2.8-4 IS, well, you can dream on. That lens will be so heavy, it probably defeats the purpose of a walkabout. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.