16-50 physical size

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to ask this as well. I was considering this to buying multiple primes and replacing the kit lens.

That in my opinion would really be "Cheap" alternative right? 1 in all solution. :bsmilie:

I look at the way they market the "*" star lenses. It just make me wonder if the image quality is really that good after all. Zoom quality is alway not as good as primes. I would have think that their quality is probably something like DA16-45 or so. Anyway, its my guess and its all still too early now.

Hopefully someone here get a grab of it when it is release for sale here. And able to provide more indepth analysis and feedback. In the mean time, primes are still the best.. . :)

cheerss..

yah.. hahaa.. do you think the image quality of this super zoom going to be as good as primes? what do you think?

It all depends on what primes you are comparing to. I have belief about Pentax' star lenses (all star lenses are excellent, zooms or primes), and I think it is as good as some of the best prime lenses when used properly.

Besides, these new DA* zoom lenses have SDM built in lens, which means they'd autofocus alot faster/quiter than most old AF lenses.

The only thing I'm concerned about is their build quality. For lenses like these, they should be alot heavier. But seems they are too light (might due to plastic lens element, cheap material, ...).

Well, I guess we'll have to wait until they are available for testing and see how :)

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.