15 day trip to Northern Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyway i think the lonely planet for pakistan seems too old in 2004. i think each edition should not differs for more than 3 years.

p.s. i always like the cover for lonely planet. seems to have strong appeal to me
Actually, I'm not that much a fan of lonely planet, but anyway, I find Northern Pakistan by Footprint guidebooks very good for that - northern Pakistan (and slightly more updated). Only had to zap a few pages from LP for Lahore.....

WOW! You are going to my country :thumbsup:

I tell you my friends, you won't be disappointed! Here is just a sample of what to expect :)

1026091640_298583eaa6.jpg

773673613_3eaaae8019.jpg

713305971_6dd76f63b1.jpg

656207335_aab0449477.jpg

These are shots by my very good friend Khalil Shah of Lahore from his recent visit to Northern Pakistan.

I miss it so much... I wish I could join you, just returned from Pakistan in January!

wow, shah's #3 is wonderfully beautiful. i'm sure many would have preferred the others for the crystal jade colored river, but i love #3 for just having a small but right amount of green at the other sides.

wow, shah's #3 is wonderfully beautiful. i'm sure many would have preferred the others for the crystal jade colored river, but i love #3 for just having a small but right amount of green at the other sides.

Yup! I love that one too... Its an amazing place to visit. Crystal clear blue sky and water, pure nature! No wonder we call that place heaven on earth :angel:

I love the no.3 photo too! The river in the foreground with the 2 pple rowing, the skies, the mountains... totally out of this world! it's like some place in the US or the Canada or Europe! I was fascinated with all the different kinds of sceneries one could find in Pakistan, that's why I am planning a trip to this country again. However, this trip is cancelled due to insufficient numbers and also the unstable political situation in the country right now, though I have checked out with travellers who are there right now, and they are still travellin safely thru the Northern Areas! Sigh... The media can really be a propaganda tool at times...

Nevertheless, im looking fwd to another trip next year when the trekking season starts! And hope there will be more people keen on going there then!

I love the no.3 photo too! The river in the foreground with the 2 pple rowing, the skies, the mountains... totally out of this world! it's like some place in the US or the Canada or Europe! I was fascinated with all the different kinds of sceneries one could find in Pakistan, that's why I am planning a trip to this country again. However, this trip is cancelled due to insufficient numbers and also the unstable political situation in the country right now, though I have checked out with travellers who are there right now, and they are still travellin safely thru the Northern Areas! Sigh... The media can really be a propaganda tool at times...

it is kind of a luck. if things happened, they really do happen. local crimes are probably more common than political kidnapping, but no one wants to be one of the rare victims, and hopefully the chances is very close to zero rather than just low. i won't say the media is a propaganda tool in this case, at least not in this aspect, rarer events are often given more highlights - aircrash does not kill more people than the daily traffic accidents, but they get bigger reports.

anyway, it is good that mountains and rivers ain't moving away in the next couple of years. and in most likelihood, the simplicity of the rural folks ain't going to change much there either.

Status
Not open for further replies.