1430-1600: Documenting Change in the Singaporean Landscape by Darren Soh (Darren_Soh)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 16, 2002
Melbourne
Documenting Change in the Singaporean Landscape by Darren Soh (Darren_Soh)
Very often, photographers from Singapore travel a great distance abroad just to make landscape images. I will share through my talk various landscape-based projects I have undertaken in our own sunny (and often not so sunny) island; as well as share my personal philosophies on why I am obsessed with documenting our urban and suburban landscape.

Darren Soh; While You Were Sleeping; Darren Soh | Photographer | Facebook

In 2009, Darren was selected by Photo District News (PDN) Magazine to be one of PDN's 30 New and Emerging Photographers to watch. Darren’s photographic work is collected by the National Museum in Singapore and numerous corporate and private collectors from around the world. Most recently, Darren exhibited at the prestigious Noorderlicht Photo Festival 2011 in Groningen, The Netherlands. Darren is also a founding member of Platform.sg, an initiative for furthering the cause of documentary photography in Singapore.

Darren’s landscapes are poignant. Ever so carefully crafted, his images portray landscapes beyond mere aesthetics. More importantly, Darren's photographs are an essential chronicle of our environment and its occupants. Clubsnap is proud to have present our keynote landscape workshop, an exploration of necessities and possibilities within landscape photography.

View attachment 259

Date 21st April
Time 1430 - 1600
Location Program Space; SAM@8
Capacity 70

Non Members and Public can Register here : http://21apr-1430-documenting-change.eventzilla.net/

Terms and Condition for All Talks
  1. The Organisers reserve the right to change any of these Terms & Conditions at any time without notice. On any matters arising whether covered by these Terms & Conditions or not, the decision of The Organisers will be final and non-negotiable.
  2. The Organisers will allow walk-ins, even from members of the public, if the workshop are not fully subscribed. We, however, strongly encourage registration to reserve your place.
  3. The Organisers reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone.
  4. Clubsnap Members can register for an unlimited number of talks but no double- or triple-booking of same time slots allowed. If discovered, an automatic ban from all talks.
  5. The Organisers seek cooperation from everyone to update the relevant threads or pm sebastiansong if they are unable to attend for any reason. Failure of which will result in an automatic ban from subsequent talks.
  6. No video filming of the talks is permitted. Permission can be sought with the Organisers prior to the talk.

Last edited:
Registration Method
The Organisers request members to POST A REPLY stating
  • Their Name; and
  • Last 4 digits of IC (for verification purpose on the actual day)

For example:
Name: Sebastian
IC: Sxxx1234A

Thank you

Name: Nathan Linarto
IC: Gxxxx908L

Name: Nadia
IC: SXXX4554C

Name: CHee Kong
IC: Sxxx3999G

Name: Chung Hua
IC: Sxxx4058D