13/09/2012: Nikon announces D600 FF 24,3 mp

2199 with kit or body only ah? the kit looks like the 24-85 f3.5g right?

You thinking so much already.

cause i remember reading on NR the kit could come out first lol. if prices like lekima suggested 2199USD for kit still ok la. convert 2199*1.23 = 2704 SGD... 2704 for body only a bit chor.. for $900-1k more can get D800 liao...

Last edited:
If this is legit...

Nikon D600 Digital SLR Cameras - RYDA Digital SLR Cameras
A$2699 body only

Based on the Sony RX1 pricing US$3k (ie. A FF compact with Carl Zeiss 35/2), a CZ lens is typically US$1k.
So even a FF compact body is approx US$2k.
So a well featured FF body like the D600 is probably about the price of US$2.3-2.5k

Hope it uses XQD.

I'm addicted to XQD now.

cause i remember reading on NR the kit could come out first lol. if prices like lekima suggested 2199USD for kit still ok la. convert 2199*1.23 = 2704 SGD... 2704 for body only a bit chor.. for $900-1k more can get D800 liao...

Want good, want cheap, and possibly later complain about missing features. :dunno:

Want good, want cheap, and possibly later complain about missing features. :dunno:

lol no worries about the last part. the features look pretty solid. just a bit disappointed it wasn't the rumored US$1,500

So the estimated price in our local shops would be around 3200 body + kit. Just add 500 and you get D800.

If I have 1 or 2 FF lenses i would not be choosing this one.

If I have 0 FF lens then this would be a better choice.

Unless they will sell body for 1/8 of the kit price.

Lets say 2800 body. I would ne pairing this with tamron 2.8.. total cost would be arnd 4k.... Not bad.

Last edited:
So the estimated price in our local shops would be around 3200 body + kit. Just add 500 and you get D800.

If I have 1 or 2 FF lenses i would not be choosing this one.

If I have 0 FF lens then this would be a better choice.

Unless the sell body for 1/8 of the kit price.
I would still choose the lighter body and the D600's price will fall as well. Comparing the street price of one camera with the RPP of another one doesn't make too much sense.

Lens
Compatible with AF NIKKOR lenses (type G and D) and DX, AI-P NIKKOR lenses, A and M modes with non-CPU AI lenses. IX NIKKOR lenses, lenses for the F3AF, and non-AI lenses can not be used.

Last edited:
ageha said:
I would still choose the lighter body and the D600's price will fall as well. Comparing the street price of one camera with the RPP of another one doesn't make too much sense.

True, it woudn't make sense. Though the price I've stated is only a rough estimate...

We will soon find out the real specs and price... I am a bit excited here.

nikoneer said:
True, it woudn't make sense. Though the price I've stated is only a rough estimate...

We will soon find out the real specs and price... I am a bit excited here.

Yup, it's a bit hard to believe it will retail for only US$1.5k.

Last edited:
EXPEED 3

The D600 is equipped with the same EXPEED 3 high-speed image-processing engine built into the D4, D800/D800E

EXPEED 3 marks the culmination of years of dedication to advancing digital imaging technologies. At the heart of Nikon 600 is EXPEED 3, with dual image processors, to deliver outstanding system performance, high-speed processing, state-of-the-art phase detection autofocus and the fastest data transfer rates. Witness outstanding image quality, tone reproduction. Another factor contributing to the camera's rapid performance and stellar image quality is Nikon's new EXPEED 3 image processing engine that helps professionals create images with amazing resolution, color and dynamic range in both still images and video. From image processing to transfer, the new engine is capable of processing massive amounts of data, exacting optimal color, perfect tonality and minimized noise throughout the frame.

EXPEED3_logo_2.jpg

Talking About Entry-Level Full Frame DSLRs Price Tags (hint: Nikon’s D600 not as cheap as expected, $2800?) | CanonWatch

d600-1.jpg

"While we are waiting to know more about Canon’s entry-level full frame DSLR (EOS 6D) it is good to learn that Nikon’s entry-level FF DSLR, the D600, will not be as cheap as expected. The image above was sent to me. It shows prices for the D600 and some lenses. I suppose the first entry refers to a D600 body only option. You can see that the D600′s price is 218,000 Yen, which roughly corresponds to €2170/$2800! So, by no mean the low price ($1500) that was so much touted over the Internet. However, I am simply converting currencies here. The reported price is for Japan. Nikon could easily decide to give another price tag to the D600, especially if you consider that the Nikon D800 costs around $3000"

Talking About Entry-Level Full Frame DSLRs Price Tags (hint: Nikon’s D600 not as cheap as expected, $2800?) | CanonWatch

d600-1.jpg

"While we are waiting to know more about Canon’s entry-level full frame DSLR (EOS 6D) it is good to learn that Nikon’s entry-level FF DSLR, the D600, will not be as cheap as expected. The image above was sent to me. It shows prices for the D600 and some lenses. I suppose the first entry refers to a D600 body only option. You can see that the D600′s price is 218,000 Yen, which roughly corresponds to €2170/$2800! So, by no mean the low price ($1500) that was so much touted over the Internet. However, I am simply converting currencies here. The reported price is for Japan. Nikon could easily decide to give another price tag to the D600, especially if you consider that the Nikon D800 costs around $3000"

SG$3.4k body only

296000 yen (SG$4675) for a "D600 double lens kit"

interested to see how they pair up this set of lenses

Last item is the nail in the D7000 replacement coffin for this year.

Last edited:
I don't think you can convert ¥ prices to $, they will just make up a price in every region.

Last edited:
I don't think you can convert ¥ prices to $, the will just make up a price in every region.

true, but at least we know the ball park price is in the high 2k to low 3k regions.

Last edited: