eh, like that go round and round and never ending leh

i think it is a better solution
i submission thread,
members submit their best image via PM to SU
images posted on a thread without members nicks by SU
how about a poll to get the most popular image

totally transparent

hope i interpret correctly ...

so each member can submit his/her best entry for the week to any one of the SUs,
SUs will pick a certain number and put inside a polling thread for members to vote, then the 3 with highest votes get featured inside the FOTW picture thread ... is that right?

eh, like that go round and round and never ending leh

hope i interpret correctly ...

so each member can submit his/her best entry for the week to any one of the SUs,
SUs will pick a certain number and put inside a polling thread for members to vote, then the 3 with highest votes get featured inside the FOTW picture thread ... is that right?

got an even simpler suggestion:

start a polling thread, each member posts his/her fav/best shot for the week, then everyone votes for their 3 fav shots posted by other members (voting for own shots not allowed). the 3 shots with the most votes gets featured inside the FOTW thread. in the event of a tie, SU's will decide which of the shots gets selected.

we'll take it from here, we'll implement the thread for members to post their bests for the week

Looks like only.. 4 so far.

If don't have 6 then how? :dunno:

Looks like only.. 4 so far.

If don't have 6 then how? :dunno:

:think:

i feel that the purpose of the exercise is to encourage photography, a lack of response will mean that the exercise does not work, it'll not be meaningful to carry on if participation is low.

what do you think?

why do it if the members don't care?
it takes alot of time to look through everyone's pictures everyday

i feel that the purpose of the exercise is to encourage photography, a lack of response will mean that the exercise does not work, it'll not be meaningful to carry on if participation is low.

what do you think?

Hmm. :think: response not that good huh?
was the previous exercise better?

Hmm. :think: response not that good huh?
was the previous exercise better?

well, to be frank, when it first started, still got a slightly warm response, but kind of died down, that's why i was looking at alternatives. ultimately this is everyone's forum, we're just making suggestions that may improve everyone's experience of this community. so if the response is no good then there's no meaning in carrying on ;)

Don't give up. It is a good idea! Actually I wanted to submit my photo but due to work commitment, I was not able to post within the date... :(
You guys are doing a great job! :)

why do it if the members don't care?
it takes alot of time to look through everyone's pictures everyday
Agree, last few times I missed out on the recommending part because I was busy catching up with life after my overseas trip.

what do you think?

Definitely; of course this is a personal view that well, only those who make an effort at APAD will have a frequently updated APAD thread, and no amount of carrots or recognition will bring up APAD participation. Not that I'm against rewards and carrots, but for me I don't really bother if my photographs are in the favourites of the week. Add that along with the fact that the number of active APAD threads are dwindling as it gets through the year.. And the fact that the competitive spirit is somewhat diminished due to no SU participation (well, 2 or 3 is still significant when you think of the fact that active APAD threads maybe add up to less than 10 or slightly over 10)..

The exercise can continue for a while, but ultimately over time if the response is still lukewarm then I for one think there's no point to waste the SUs time in doing this.

You guys are doing a fantastic job here showcasing members' works. Initially, people will grapple with new suggestions and ideas that are coming in.
Once the dusts have settled, postings will be more frequent. I'm sure of that.

great! 9 entries this week! :thumbsup: :D