Zuiko grey sets

keebler

May 1, 2009
There is a shop in Carousell selling Zuiko lenses at the lower price than retail. With warranty, additional $100.

Would you advice and why?

Are these lens of the same quality as the ones sold in other shops at 'normal' prices?

Not sure if Olympus warranties are local or international.

What does warranty for that mean? Shop foots for repair in Olympus or can I send it to Olympus?

Would appreciate comments. Thanks much.

Sound like shop warranty. If spoil return back to them for repair?

Suggest you check with them on the warranty details.

Which shop? Oly warranty is only local. If not a local dealer, the warranty will be useless. So either you send back to shop for their "warranty" if they honour, likely they either send in to Olympus SG to repair at their cost or they send it back to the country they bought from and fix it, meaning it will take time to fix.

Which shop? Oly warranty is only local. If not a local dealer, the warranty will be useless. So either you send back to shop for their "warranty" if they honour, likely they either send in to Olympus SG to repair at their cost or they send it back to the country they bought from and fix it, meaning it will take time to fix.

I think OP is referring to 7daydeals. Parallel importer of Olympus bodies and lenses. For $100 more you get shop warranty.

There is a shop in Carousell selling Zuiko lenses at the lower price than retail. With warranty, additional $100.

Would you advice and why?

Are these lens of the same quality as the ones sold in other shops at 'normal' prices?

Not sure if Olympus warranties are local or international.

What does warranty for that mean? Shop foots for repair in Olympus or can I send it to Olympus?

Would appreciate comments. Thanks much.

You might as well buy local from the normal camera shops.

These shops have Olympus SG local warranty sets.

Whether same or different quality, we cannot say for sure, but if anything is wrong with the body/lenses, you return to the shop and they will return to wherever they got it from for the repair. This method may take months for the repair to come back to you.

If you are really keen on the 12-40, there are a few good deals on Carousell or the Clubsnap Buy&Sell Thread. I for one managed to get a good deal on Carousell and the seller even delivered the lens to my workplace.

Here are some links that may help in your search:
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/search.php?searchid=16870158

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/search.php?searchid=16870160

Last edited:
There are lens available on ebay with one year international warranty with very good price

There are lens available on ebay with one year international warranty with very good price

Olympus hasn't had international warranty in years, so I highly doubt this "one year international warranty" to be covered by Olympus Singapore or any Olympus worldwide except for the origin country

I think OP is referring to 7daydeals. Parallel importer of Olympus bodies and lenses. For $100 more you get shop warranty.

hmm 7DD, went to their shop before, no good vibes sorry I would rather pay bit more for local dealers...

hmm 7DD, went to their shop before, no good vibes sorry I would rather pay bit more for local dealers...

so true. With local warranty it is a sort of insurance.

Side track a bit, now that I am back using the EM5 II, I find that the camera is very nice to use, especially now that I managed to get the 12-40/2.8 at a very special price 2nd hand.

Last edited:
I would never scrimp on warranty coverage for $100 cheaper, as a repair bill nowadays is much higher in comparison. Buy once buy right, take the risk with parallel importers only if you are very clear with what you are getting as the local AD is not responsible for any parallel import sets.