zoom till the max and it turn out to be..

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammiepie

Apr 7, 2008
Hi guys just bought a lens from 1 of the csers and would like to ask is it true that when we zoom to the max and using tripod yet the image is not that sharp and turn out to be like handphone quality. Is the lense that is not that clear or is it that what ever lens u using zooming to 200mm the lense still not sharp.

btw i am using tramon 28mm-200mm lens when i zoom to the max 200mm its a little un clear

are you using a tripod? Might be hand shake at that focal length.

heheheh maybe you bought a chiong lens, not the Tamron one... hehehhe :)
ok ok i was just joking.
Seriously, need to know a bit more info:
- manual or auto-focus?
- day or night photography?
- used tripod or not?
- remote shutter release?

Hi guys just bought a lens from 1 of the csers and would like to ask is it true that when we zoom to the max and using tripod yet the image is not that sharp and turn out to be like handphone quality. Is the lense that is not that clear or is it that what ever lens u using zooming to 200mm the lense still not sharp.

btw i am using tramon 28mm-200mm lens when i zoom to the max 200mm its a little un clear

need sample of the picture to be able to tell what's wrong

could be 8000 things

Possible problems

Slow shutter speed causing slight movement during hand holding.
Shooting at wide open aperture also often causes soft pictures, they are better used stopped down 1 to 2 stops.
Lots of other possible problems...

As the rest of the bros have mentioned, why not show us the pics and we can better guesstimate the problem.

He IS using a tripod.

show us the picture. otherwise we can't help you. =)

Even is you had been using a tripod, but you do not know how to use one properly, you can still have hp quality images. Take this case (pic #3) as an example. Yes, a tripod is SUPPOSED to help stabilise your image. But the most unstable element in tripod-mounted photography is often found pressing the shutter. If you can stabilise that, then you are getting somewhere.

(or is my point lost again? I do not spoonfeed btw)

A lously tripod contributes to blurring at low shutter speeds and long telephoto range. Infact, it multiplies it.

Samuel

ok guys later will be going to take photo using the lens will post up later btw thx for the help guys! anyway it cost me 120 and can't expect something like the EF-s lense quality :)

will post pic at night thx!

Status
Not open for further replies.