zoom lens

dreamsz

Jul 3, 2011
www.flickr.com
Hi guys,

Cause i only got 1 17-50mm lens on a canon 60d.
I am looking at EF 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS USM which need your help to see if there are any lenses you have experience before which can be comparable and i will go do the google search.
I prefer your input as i felt they are more valuable then some lense review page.
And EF 70-200mm f4L USM is tempting thou

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I am looking at EF 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS USM which need your help to see if there are any lenses you have experience before which can be comparable and i will go do the google search.
I prefer your input as i felt they are more valuable then some lense review page

Are you looking for extra range? Since you say 28-135, I guess a fast lens is not required. What's your budget?

Think go for the 70-200. 28-135 overlap your 17-50 lol.

Before you plunge into buying lenses, evaluate what are your needs. Which area of photography are you most interested in? From there, its easier for you to narrow down which lens to go for. That way, no need to waste money on things you dun need.

I am thinking of a 70mm-200m i guess. Cause seems like buying the other will have overlapping too much.

Intent to use on streets and sometimes to capture something not so accessible for me.

Last edited:
I am thinking of a 70mm-2000m i guess. Cause seems like buying the other will have overlapping too much.

Intent to use on streets and sometimes to capture something not so accessible for me.
There are lots of range that is not so accessible to you. So it depends on what you are shooting that is not accessible to you.

A good compliment to your 17-50mm is what crystal recommended.

How big is the 70-200? (not a canon user) Don't think it's advisable as a street lens if it's too big...

spree86 said:
Depends on which one, the f4s are smaller than the f2.8s

But I think both attracts the same attention to passerbys haha. Maybe he meant something more low profile than the 70-200.

I prefer your input as i felt they are more valuable then some lense review page.
So a technically sound review under controlled conditions is less valuable than some comments of people you have never seen, let alone know what they do with the lens what style of shooting they have? Yup, go and rent the lenses ..

I am thinking of a 70mm-2000m i guess. Cause seems like buying the other will have overlapping too much.

with this lens you can definitely get a very close up of the moon!

don't think any camera manufacturer with such a focal length

Last edited:
If u need to stealthily shoot, longs lens expose u as you look prominent, short lens can't give you reach. But how people get good shots? The answer is 厚脸皮 (thick skinned) :p

Rent a 70-200mm and try lor. I also thinking of that hehe :D

Hi guys,

And EF 70-200mm f4L USM is tempting thou

thought u just got yr 17-50, so fast getting a new lens?
the virus you kana is not light leh.. (becareful) :)

kelchew : I think so too......
I think must stop reading forum too much :p
Read more, virus deeper....

kelchew : I think so too......
I think must stop reading forum too much :p
Read more, virus deeper....

Ya I agree. My didn't get my 17-50 range lens yet, I am thinking of 70-200 Liao. Think like that continue sure die de.
Must block myself coming in here le.