Zoom Lens

tteddy

Aug 6, 2007
Hi Guys,

Need some help on Lens.
I am looking for a zooms lens and looking at Canon EF70-200mm f/4L IS USM .
I own a canon EF-S 18-200mm IS.

Need some advise before getting the70-200 lens.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, What type of advise you are looking for? Please be more specific.

How is your current lens not serving you well enough?

Do you really need the 70-200 f/4 L, or are you just buying it because you want a L lens, or have too much money to spare? :think:

Hi Guys,

Need some help on Lens.

Thanks in advance.

Garbage in garbage out. Why are you considering the 70-200? Why do you think you need it?

Hi Guys, Need some help on Lens. I am looking for a zooms lens and looking at Canon EF70-200mm f/4L IS USM . I own a canon EF-S 18-200mm IS.
Need some advise before getting the70-200 lens. Thanks in advance.
Welcome to CS :)
What is wrong with your current lens? You got a good coverage of angles here with the 18-200mm. If you get the 70-200mm, that means you have to get rid of the current one & need to buy another lens for wider shots, & carry two lenses everytime you go for a shoot, if that is what you intend to do but I don't see why you have to do this unless you have spare cash or the 18-200mm is spoilt

well. i'll guess its just too much to spare money. let him be.

l series is good series. tats all i can say and we all can vouch for.

( i personally wanna encourage all those money too much ppl to spend more. then economy will improve. poor ppl like me just make do and earn money:D)

Hi Guys

Thanks for your comments.Got the point.

Why not 70-200 F/2.8L ? :bsmilie:

Hi Guys,

Need some help on Lens.

Thanks in advance.

If you are keen but unsure, you might want to consider renting the lens and trying it out to see if you are happy with it.

You can sell the 18-200 to offset the cost if you decided that the 70-200 f4IS is the lens for you.

16-35L2.8,50L1.2,70-200L2.8 :bsmilie:

TS prob got the point....

Nothing wrong with getting new lens. Just make good use of it and put up more pictures to see ya ?? But the new lens with have a focal length which overlaps with the 18-200mm. For slightly better quality TS will lose the wide range. Its a trade-off that only he can tell...

Happy shooting!!!