Zoom Burst Technique

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristine

Jan 14, 2005
Hello!!

I'm currently researching on this technique but so far i've found no useful ways to take good pictures of zoom burst effect!

Any experienced photographers who have experienced in taking zoom burst photos?

Care to share the specific techniques involved?

Thanks!!! :)

huh? simi si zoom burst? neber hear b4..

-_- nv hear b4? Geez..

As far as i know...some information i gather are under this webbie:

Zoom Burst Webbie

Wanna know more on how to take...any experienced ppl?

quoting from the link given
Digital photographers can create a zoom burst easily using a the Radial blur filter set to Zoom mode in Photoshop.

oh... this ar..
i just dunno where the 'burst' came from.
no special techniques other than what is written on the webbie, short of running towards ur subject with a prime lens mounted on ur cam..

Of cuz i won't want to use photoshop to create the effect...

been experimenting with it but the photos doesn't come out nice...dunno wad's wrong...

how to post pictures? =x

1) try using a tripod and a lens with a very long zoom range. ie 18-125, 50-500.
2) prefocus on target with max zoom.
3) zoom in on target pressing the shutter release whist zooming in

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
should use manual focus? den set longer exposure?

+ some filter or a small aperture to reduce the amount of light going into it. If not, over expose liao.

It was alot easier to do previously with zooms that is of the push-pull type. Now with zoom rings being of the twist type it takes some getting use to for a smooth pull or push action while keeping the subject dead center. You also would benefit to have your camera mounted on a sturdy tripod so that you at least take some of the wobbling out of the process since you need to use slower speed in order to cover enough of the zoom length you will be pulling or pushing your lens through.

Another tip to help you concentrate more on the zooming would be to set your camera on timer mode. Since you will be firing at a slower rate like 1/15 and less...sometime trying to push or pull while you press the shutter is abit tricky.

But it is also true that doing that with a camera adds a level of unpredictability which gives it a "human" touch to it. And each shot is unique in some way thus you would need to do numerous frames and look through them for the best ones. I find Photoshop's plugin effect for this is too mechanical and there are of course filters that does this effect for you too.

interesting.... gonna check it out. :)

ive tried this before as well...my results werent too good obviously :bsmilie:

i was attempting this at events, definitely no tripod ard there. :bsmilie:

if i find out any good techniques to this...i'll let u all know as well.

Kristine said:
-_- nv hear b4? Geez..

As far as i know...some information i gather are under this webbie:

Zoom Burst Webbie

Wanna know more on how to take...any experienced ppl?

Hey, thanks for the link. Just tried the first zoom burst photo on my daughter ;)

Here you go:

FYX_ZoomBurst.jpg

Is this what you wanted?

Cheers!

Zoom burst is just like camera panning, need a lot of practices to make it perfect, it can be done with hand held, or with flash.

But one or two shots is fine, seeing to many this kind of photos you will get sick of it, so learn how to do it, but don’t over use it.

Hope this help. :)

296DSC_1847.jpg

Heres my first attempt of zoom burst using the Bigma (handheld) in JBP :)
:dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.