[ZerocoolAstra] - makan + food photography outing, 15 June (tues)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have any flash. However, I will bring a sturdy tripod, remote trigger, a big flash light with a self made soft box and some self amde reflectors. Is this good enough? Or should I have to find some way to borrow at least a flash.
Your D80's in-built flash can trigger some of the remote strobes, perhaps even numnumball's wonder kit of close-up speedlights! :)
The idea is not for each person to bring the whole armada of lighting equipment, but with each person bringing something (eg. props, reflector, diffuser, light, etc), then we should have a pretty good setup.

Oh Kevin,

I also have Wireless Triggers if that is helpful. Not pocketwizards thou, just simple Phottix Asters.

Oh Kevin,

I also have Wireless Triggers if that is helpful. Not pocketwizards thou, just simple Phottix Asters.
ok bro! :)
If convenient to bring, it might be handy when the situation calls for it!

wait... what's that I see in your signature???? :D

ok bro! :)
If convenient to bring, it might be handy when the situation calls for it!

wait... what's that I see in your signature???? :D
Huh what? where? :bigeyes:

From Block 203 zi cha stall? Then it's the other one, at the other end of the block :)
There are 2 coffeeshops at the bottom of the block, at either end. 1 is basically right at the T-Junction.
The one we're going to is further in. I will indicate clearly in map in my PM to those going.

The end conner kopitiam called 203 @ Spring
The T-Junction 1st kopitiam (entrance from the main road to Toa Payoh North & turn right) called Hai Fong Restaurant

I believe zca bro refer is 203 @ Spring..rite?

This

7D | 17-55 f2.8 | 85 f1.8 | 10-22 | GF1 | 20 f1.7

act blur some more...
cheh...
Haha! The 85mm i’ve been using very long already! The camera on the other hand…

I just used it for an interior design shoot. The built in Level feature is a life saver!

I just used it for an interior design shoot. The built in Level feature is a life saver!

7D has a built in remote trigger too ;) , only issue is it uses the built in flash to trigger external so radi trigger such as pocket wizard still the best. They have a new model recently.

Your D80's in-built flash can trigger some of the remote strobes, perhaps even numnumball's wonder kit of close-up speedlights! :)
The idea is not for each person to bring the whole armada of lighting equipment, but with each person bringing something (eg. props, reflector, diffuser, light, etc), then we should have a pretty good setup.

I see... will do. Thanks.

Waaaa Shane secretly and quietly power up his tools without telling...
Hahaha, I not gear-holic, buy only what I need mah. I must say i’m so surprised with what this camera can do man.

I’m still thinking about the Grad-filter you showed me. Haha it’s really cool but it was very pricey! It would be the next thing I wanna buy, if not for saving up for new CF cards and another 7D battery for events.

Hahaha, I not gear-holic, buy only what I need mah. I must say i’m so surprised with what this camera can do man.

I’m still thinking about the Grad-filter you showed me. Haha it’s really cool but it was very pricey! It would be the next thing I wanna buy, if not for saving up for new CF cards and another 7D battery for events.

LOL. ya. we are not gear-holic. If not we all on FF already. But Bryan really make us drool.

Actually, I am using my filters a lot less and less. And I definitely do not stack as much nowadays. On one hand it is due to the color cast, on the other hand it is very lehcheh. Nowadays I tend to expose to the right a bit more, and use PP to bring down the exposure in a graduated way (Graduated filters in LR). This will work for maybe a 2 stop difference max. Any difference more than that, my GNDs will have to come out of the bag.

One thing about color cast, is that it is not really aboutlousy quality glass or something. When you use more and more ND, IR bleeding will take place. That is the thing giving you the "red" look. Cokin filters are cheap but made of resin, so they are a little more prone to scratches. Lee filters are all glass, and they probably have some special coating that eliminates this color cast effect to a certain extent. But from feedbacks online, Lee filters also show some color cast (a lot less than Cokin) with some serious filter stacking.

ShaneKua said:

wah you've gone into shooting interior designs? Making $$ on the side? :)

The ability of the in-built flash to trigger remote slaves is......
.... something that Nikons have had for YEARS.... mwahahahahaha...

but anyway....

sounds like everyone is trying to bring a lot of gear...
will we be crowding out the whole place?

Location is at 203 @Spring coffeeshop, as mentioned by Jacobs.
Maybe we can do some coordination on this thread.

Feel free to copy this list and amend accordingly

Lights
1) 2 x SB600 - ZCA, DD123
2) 2 x SBR200 - NNB
3)
4)
5)

Accessories
1) Light tent - DD123
2) wireless triggers - ShaneKua
3)

Props
1) flowers (?)
2) mat (?)
3)
4)

====== ATTENDING ====
1) ZerocoolAstra + gf
3) Numnumball
4) wildcat (confirm?)
5) wildcat +1
6) coolthought
7) David (coolthought's friend)
8) iszan
9) daredevil123
10) jellyfishy
11) wmayeo
12) Shanekua

=== end of list === 2 tables of 6 ===

Last edited:
I will be attempting some self made soft box with flash light. See how it will turn out.

LOL. ya. we are not gear-holic. If not we all on FF already. But Bryan really make us drool.

Actually, I am using my filters a lot less and less. And I definitely do not stack as much nowadays. On one hand it is due to the color cast, on the other hand it is very lehcheh. Nowadays I tend to expose to the right a bit more, and use PP to bring down the exposure in a graduated way (Graduated filters in LR). This will work for maybe a 2 stop difference max. Any difference more than that, my GNDs will have to come out of the bag.

One thing about color cast, is that it is not really aboutlousy quality glass or something. When you use more and more ND, IR bleeding will take place. That is the thing giving you the "red" look. Cokin filters are cheap but made of resin, so they are a little more prone to scratches. Lee filters are all glass, and they probably have some special coating that eliminates this color cast effect to a certain extent. But from feedbacks online, Lee filters also show some color cast (a lot less than Cokin) with some serious filter stacking.

Wah, my name came out again.. :bsmilie:

Bro, Not entirely, when i stack my Lee gnds over my hoya NDs.. No color cast at all leh.. :devil:

ZCA bro, want me to bring my macro lens? 200 Micro f4? (perfect for Food and product photography) Got Softbox with Heavy Duty Lightstand aso.. hee.. :devil:

Wah, my name came out again.. :bsmilie:

Bro, Not entirely, when i stack my Lee gnds over my hoya NDs.. No color cast at all leh.. :devil:

Bro, online those ang moh say have a very slight cast. But they stack like 3 Lee filters or something.

I was also thinking of Lee filters. But very the ex leh... 100+ per filter, and the holder is like 200+.

Last edited:
ZCA bro, want me to bring my macro lens? 200 Micro f4? (perfect for Food and product photography) Got Softbox with Heavy Duty Lightstand aso.. hee.. :devil:

yes, we need to shoot the small roots of the tao gays. :bsmilie:

Bro, online those ang moh say have a very slight cast. But they stack like 3 Lee filters or something.

I was also thinking of Lee filters. But very the ex leh... 100+ per filter, and the holder is like 200+.

Bor lar... nt so exp lar.. 123 for foundation kit (holder) but if + adapter ring then slightly more than 200 :)

yes, we need to shoot the small roots of the tao gays. :bsmilie:

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

I stack reverse 50 + extension tubes on top of my 200 to give u 3.5X magnification of the roots particles...

Status
Not open for further replies.