Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 2/100 ZE .... where in Sungapore?

No contribution as to where I can find this lens at local photo shop?

SLR Revolution, level 4 funan
2k plus i believe...

Yep. U can SUNG the len's song openly at SLR for the sales guys to hear, so that they can give ya a discount

Price is above 2.6k I believe...

I'm using Distagon T* 35mm version, already sharp like crazy, can save hassle on Unsharp Mask haha. So i suppose u are addicted as me. If budget is a concern, buy old Contax Zeiss makro planar, is cheaper. Anyhow, both lenses doesn't have IS. U can also consider the 85mm :cool:

Thanks for all the pointers. Hope to feel the lens this weekend.

SLR quoted me $3,009 for cash payment!! I was too distraught after hearing the price to try the lens on my 7D.....worried they might not let me leave the shop without purchasing the lens.

Guess I will wait till I go Hong Kong to try the lens. Can probably get it in HK for less than S$2,200.

I found quotes for the 100mp for 10,000 hkd
At L&H photocollection at tsim sha chui . Regretted not buying
:(

HK$10,000??? That is no more than S$1,700......was it only recently?

Last edited:
Yes, last Sat i was there (26 Feb)... i even ask if SHE WAS VERY SURE...she said yes...
but i needed another focal length more, hence bought the other lens first...(50 MP f/2)

deep regret on not buying..

although i am pretty sure she may have quoted wrongly, meanwhile, at tin chueng, they quote S$2500.

is that a smaller shop? I was shopping around for the 50mm 1.4 planar, and while the bigger shops all quoted me similar price of 1050sgd, this 1 smaller shop in the corner of TST shop quoted me 700+. But tells me he needs to bring it from another place and asks me to wait... In the end i bought from the bigger stores who had ready stock.

i think when something is too good to be true, it usually isn't :p

L&H is next to TST station, near carnovan rd. They had stock of the ze 100mp & 50 1.4. they also carry leica and hassy. It's quite a sizeable shop, it looks good also on outside, you would think only deep pocket ppl would enter only.

Resurrecting this topic coz a friend is going HK soon. Hoping to get this lens.

Is this the L&H you mention? Is there only one L&H in HK?

L&H
SHOP NOS 35-36 & 50-51, 11/F, WINDSOR HOUSE,
311 GLOUCESTER ROAD, CAUSEWAY BAY, HONG KONG.
Tel: 00852-3907 0282 (sorry for the BOLD...cut and paste)

Just buy the grey set from HK
I got my T*21/2.8 last week at around 2000 SGD, but SLR quoted me at 2800+.
Don't worry about the warranty. Zeiss lens is one of the few goods I can totally trust. It's so solid built even if it is dropped on the ground, it's your toes that you need to worry about. :)

Pls post photo samples in this thread. Thanks.

Anything Zeiss........

Re Opening this thread... anyone knows where in HK can I get the Contax version of this lens? Any good second hand shops that is both reliable and priced reasonably? Thanks.

Re Opening this thread... anyone knows where in HK can I get the Contax version of this lens? Any good second hand shops that is both reliable and priced reasonably? Thanks.

The Contax macro version is 100f2.8. Recently there was a Contax macro 60f2.8 on BnS for about 600. There is also the non macro version which is 100f2 which is reputed to be very good. You also asked about the ZF 35f2 and using this on NEX will actually be better than the ZM 35f2 except that it's larger and heavier. You can also try the Contax CY 35f1.4 which is legendary.

I found quotes for the 100mp for 10,000 hkd
At L&H photocollection at tsim sha chui . Regretted not buying
:(

do you have the address of this shop?