Zahne's Home Studio:

Zahne

Aug 19, 2009
Jurong East
www.flickr.com
Sharing some of the test shot, kinda failure for this series cos cannot realli see the water and dunno how to angle the lights. C&C needed so I can improve next time! Thanks :D

6193132326_c5f21bc8df_z.jpg

6198305638_26e116ae43_z.jpg

6197890675_b6744f4d5d_z.jpg

6198407738_7305f2a96e_z.jpg

wow... your home studio turned into a mini pool haha.... maybe use a blue color backdrop (or something light colored) instead of black helps to show the water more clearly. or maybe a big transparent (like bath tub size) container or something 1/4 or 1/8 filled with water.

Last edited:
Can I know what lens u are using?

I like your spirit :) How many lights did you use or just one? Could try with 2x 45degrees trial & error.

I know some guys do a beach in their studio but you'd need a big space for that then play with mirrors etc.

I would love to see your home studio !! ;)

wow ... I guess you got a really tall roof to do this

wow... your home studio turned into a mini pool haha.... maybe use a blue color backdrop (or something light colored) instead of black helps to show the water more clearly. or maybe a big transparent (like bath tub size) container or something 1/4 or 1/8 filled with water.
Cos I wanna make like... Dancing in the water under the moon light, that's why I choose black, and I bought those with glossy texture one. If you got see my pool of colors b4, I'm using that pool, cover with the black cloth, and pour water inside :D. Yeah I think water not enuff!! I already pour 6 pail of water. I got hard time clearing the water after the shoot :sweat:

Can I know what lens u are using?
Sony 24-70 f2.8 carl zeiss

I like your spirit :) How many lights did you use or just one? Could try with 2x 45degrees trial & error.

I know some guys do a beach in their studio but you'd need a big space for that then play with mirrors etc.
Thanks!! This one I use two lights only, one put beauty dish and one is to highlight the hair. Well! I DIY 7 pieces of ikea $9.90 mirror b4! Like this
6198147069_cb46c15d77_z.jpg

wow ... I guess you got a really tall roof to do this
My studio in HDB flat leh, 2m+ x 3m+ x 3m+ nia.
4778793001_af522c78a0_z.jpg

I would love to see your home studio !! ;)
You will regret, it's very lok cok, hahaha!

Haahaa! That sounds great but I can't do it :p

*don'tmakemeshyma* :p

u can volunteer to be his model! :p

I haven find other model to shoot b4 leh, I scare. Still not confident, lol! Only find friends to become my guinea pig.

If you want make the water more noticeable, the angle of the camera and the light must be quite low, cos water reflects light a lot more when it hits the water from a low angle (think of sunrise/sunset photos at the beach with the epic reflection of the sun on the water), and the least when it's from directly above the water surface which is, well, like the shots you took. And afaik white light on water on black surface (exactly like what you're using) makes the reflection stand out the most. Just a small tip from the science kid, hope that helped :)

My studio in HDB flat leh, 2m+ x 3m+ x 3m+ nia.
4778793001_af522c78a0_z.jpg

You will regret, it's very lok cok, hahaha!

I haven find other model to shoot b4 leh, I scare. Still not confident, lol! Only find friends to become my guinea pig.

THANKS SO MUCH for sharing!! Its isn't! I like the way how you present your much passion!

*Hope to see more of your work!*

:)

If you want make the water more noticeable, the angle of the camera and the light must be quite low, cos water reflects light a lot more when it hits the water from a low angle (think of sunrise/sunset photos at the beach with the epic reflection of the sun on the water), and the least when it's from directly above the water surface which is, well, like the shots you took. And afaik white light on water on black surface (exactly like what you're using) makes the reflection stand out the most. Just a small tip from the science kid, hope that helped :)

Thanks for the tips! I gonna try it again sooonnn :D