Yuki

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh gosh.....
i wonder why you want and how you dare to post such kind of picture?
IMHO, it sucks

No point giving criticisms to those who does not appreciate how to learn to make their pictures better.

To be very honest, if I did take such a photo, I'd delete it straightaway and not even show anyone such a pic.

;)
200611300183085326.jpg

she reminds me of those bears the sell in stores. the scary looking type, don't know what it's called. and looks also a little like a dinosaur.

velone.jpg

*image courtesy of www.lostworld.com

her head looks too big. and the body postures look funny. i suck at lighting so can't tell you much about lighting. if you asked her to put her hands at the back, move to right a little to shoot more dimension of the body into the image, i think it'll look way better.

No point giving criticisms to those who does not appreciate how to learn to make their pictures better.

To be very honest, if I did take such a photo, I'd delete it straightaway and not even show anyone such a pic.

It's your own business to delete your one, but it's my own business to keep my one.

she reminds me of those bears the sell in stores. the scary looking type, don't know what it's called. and looks also a little like a dinosaur.

velone.jpg

*image courtesy of www.lostworld.com

her head looks too big. and the body postures look funny. i suck at lighting so can't tell you much about lighting. if you asked her to put her hands at the back, move to right a little to shoot more dimension of the body into the image, i think it'll look way better.

Your comments are appreciated. mmh, if you use dianosaur to give an anology, well, no objection. But what i like to do is to introduce non-traditional perspectives when may make all of you here sick. :bsmilie:

oh gosh.....
IMHO, it sucks
Brudders ... dun be so mean.... ;(
everyone has walked thru the same path before .....:cry:

Your comments are appreciated. mmh, if you use dianosaur to give an anology, well, no objection. But what i like to do is to introduce non-traditional perspectives when may make all of you here sick. :bsmilie:

no offense made to the model though. sorry if i made it sound like i did. just that sometimes, trying too hard to be different is not the way to go about it. the photo sort of shows you're trying too hard to shoot at a different angle to get an unorthodox photo. well, i can't say you didn't provoke any emotions though.

btw, what was the theme of the shoot?

if you only want nice and positive comments from someone ever posted some works in portraits and poses subforum, someone have done studio shoot before,

than I think I'm eligible to give some.....
no much........
errrr.......... maybe just one......only...

nice background.

oh gosh.....
IMHO, it sucks

Y dare not? I have my own rights as u have ur own

We all are entitle to our own opinion, and to express them. You can shoot whatever you like, post any picture you choose to, and so can everyone slam you as they see fit.

This picture is not a non-traditional persepctive. Such persepectives were used many times. There are very few truly unique persepctive left. What you fell short, not the ideas but on executions.

Learn how to walk before you try running, let alone jumping. Right now, base on pictures you posted, you are still crawling.

no offense made to the model though. sorry if i made it sound like i did. just that sometimes, trying too hard to be different is not the way to go about it. the photo sort of shows you're trying too hard to shoot at a different angle to get an unorthodox photo. well, i can't say you didn't provoke any emotions though.

btw, what was the theme of the shoot?

:embrass: since it was my 1st studio shoot, actually no theme at all. Ya, maybe i m too much in making difference for the sake of making it.

Brudders ... dun be so mean.... ;(
everyone has walked thru the same path before .....:cry:

thanks bro, in the cyber world, the most evil part of human beings will be revealed. But still some ppl would like to keep their good personality as they do in the real life.:)

We all are entitle to our own opinion, and to express them. You can shoot whatever you like, post any picture you choose to, and so can everyone slam you as they see fit.

This picture is not a non-traditional persepctive. Such persepectives were used many times. There are very few truly unique persepctive left. What you fell short, not the ideas but on executions.

Learn how to walk before you try running, let alone jumping. Right now, base on pictures you posted, you are still crawling.

i nv refuse anybody slamming on my pics, but i think only saying "your pics sucks. your xx sucks,....." without making any suggestions to let me imrove really sucks.:nono:

i nv refuse anybody slamming on my pics, but i think only saying "your pics sucks. your xx sucks,....." without making any suggestions to let me imrove really sucks.:nono:

Duh... didn't they tell you where to look at? The truth HURTS... I know, coz I've made bad pictures before. But learn from them and not get defensive.

The area under the eyes, feet cut off, lighting control, etc... this are the POINTS given... and why didn't you acknowledge any of them?

If you only want good feedback, well this isn't the area to post pictures.

nice background.

yeah i like the bg too, nice deep red, like drying blood

the one directional light needs some fill on the rest of the body to bring out the shadow details,
maybe a more gothic makeup and pose would suit this image
kinda like a dead dolly sitting on the floor.

now that sounds good

That's the hard painful truth. There's nothing that can be rescued from this shot.

Pose - s...s
Lighting - s...s
Makeup - s...s
Outfit - s...s
Composition - s...s
DI - s...s

Pose - Why is she leaning forward?
Lighting - Uneven
Makeup - "since i know nothing about this gal thing" Ring any bells?
Outfit - Pink with black stockings? Well, as the photographer you should be able to control everything within your means.
Composition - Nice chopping of the feet.
DI - Is there any?

That's the hard painful truth. There's nothing that can be rescued from this shot.

Pose - Why is she leaning forward?
Lighting - Uneven
Makeup - "since i know nothing about this gal thing" Ring any bells?
Outfit - Pink with black stockings? Well, as the photographer you should be able to control everything within your means.
Composition - Nice chopping of the feet.
DI - Is there any?

well, the outfit is beyond my control, i must emphasize this is not a paid shoot, she's one of my friends, there's no legal contract that i can follow to do anything though i did suggest another kinda make-up, though i think the outfit somehow not appropriate for the shoot. What to expect from a free of charge session, i must respect the efforts and time she paid to help me with my personal hobby. The uneven lighting was intentionally done by post-processing which seems doesn't fit any body else's interest.;p

Duh... didn't they tell you where to look at? The truth HURTS... I know, coz I've made bad pictures before. But learn from them and not get defensive.

The area under the eyes, feet cut off, lighting control, etc... this are the POINTS given... and why didn't you acknowledge any of them?

If you only want good feedback, well this isn't the area to post pictures.

well, that sounds funny, i m not a criminal, so why should i acknowledge? for the sake of whom?and the truth in your mind is meaningless to me. I m not trying to b defensive, it's just like i have different opinions in despicting personal ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.