Youth Olympic Games

Johhn

Oct 10, 2006
Wondering why no one is discussing YOG event as an opportunity for photoshoot? Any restrictions to take photos? Is anyone going?

What are the best venues to shoot?:)

Our country National event more important than YOG my fellow citizen.

:bsmilie:
Wondering why no one is discussing YOG event as an opportunity for photoshoot? Any restrictions to take photos? Is anyone going?

What are the best venues to shoot?:)

The cost of the tickets is a big turn off :(

If they offer some tickets free for CS members, may be I will go :bsmilie:

I think most photographers are not sure whether they are allowed to shoot in most events and so this has resulted in a total lost of interest in most of the competitions for the members here, or at least to me.
I hate to buy a ticket and then was told that I am not allowed to shoot when I am inside ... :dunno:

Swimming, diving, field and tracks, my interests...

I think most photographers are not sure whether they are allowed to shoot in most events and so this has resulted in a total lost of interest in most of the competitions for the members here, or at least to me.
I hate to buy a ticket and then was told that I am not allowed to shoot when I am inside ... :dunno:

Swimming, diving, field and tracks, my interests...

i share the same sentiments with u ..

In the list there is one part:
Part J
Unauthorised video and/or audio recording or photography for commercial purposes.

They see you with DSLR maybe they think you are shooting for commercial purpose. Anyway, the brochure seems written more for foreign visitors viewing the games.

i share the same sentiments with u ..
me three...

Got a few days of leave to clear this month and honestly I dun mind paying for the tickets for a day or two but somehow I dun wanna end up taking leave and paying money to be told I cannot take pictures because some usher/security person thinks my dslr is meant for commercial purposes. Not that I blame them fully but you know how it is when people put bigger then pns camera = commercial photog that sort of thing...

In the list there is one part:
Part J
Unauthorised video and/or audio recording or photography for commercial purposes.

They see you with DSLR maybe they think you are shooting for commercial purpose. Anyway, the brochure seems written more for foreign visitors viewing the games.
it depends on the skill level...hate it when others with dslr spoil market for the rest of us who know what we are doing.

I found this statement at YOG web site.

You can take personal photos inside the venue but professional photography, camera videoing or any recordable devices, in any forms of visuals or audio are strictly prohibited. Please note that flash photography is strictly prohibited once competition is in progress on the Field of Play.

http://www.singapore2010.sg/public/sg2010/en/en_tickets/en_tickets_faqs.html#9

May be we can check with YOG on this statement, whether we can do any photography with DSLR.

I found this statement at YOG web site.

You can take personal photos inside the venue but professional photography, camera videoing or any recordable devices, in any forms of visuals or audio are strictly prohibited. Please note that flash photography is strictly prohibited once competition is in progress on the Field of Play.
So it is my fault that i take personal photography with a 1dMark 3 with 300mm f2.8? :dunno: How does one decide what type of photography one is shooting for?... by camera model, lens, photographer look, etc ....?

depends on the commitee in charge and the enforcement of guidelines laid down by the IOC in such instances.

May be we can check with YOG on this statement, whether we can do any photography with DSLR.
why need DSLR?

a lot of people say its the user not the camera, just wait for them to post techniques on how to do so with PNS or camera phones from the stands. I for one am interested to know as well just how these cameras will perform in an olympic venue during live event. I tried before and can but a lot of the pain and headaches could have been avoided using DSLR system instead.

Last edited:
why need DSLR?

a lot of people say its the user not the camera, just wait for them to post techniques on how to do so with PNS or camera phones from the stands. I for one am interested to know as well just how these cameras will perform in an olympic venue during live event.

was it meant to be sacarstic?:think:

even with a dslr, u cant shoot from the stands. u probably need a 400mm+f2.8+ crop factor camera cause u cant shoot flash. sports photography isnt something cheap to begin with. even the volunteer photographers shooting on field of play all basic requirement is a 70-200 f2.8

well ask around in the Newbies or General info session. You will be surprise on the answer you get. with due respect, mostly pass the comment that its the user who is the weakest link when come to photo taking and they will start bring out Links display their stand that a PnS can function like a DSLR. hahah

was it meant to be sacarstic?:think:

even with a dslr, u cant shoot from the stands. u probably need a 400mm+f2.8+ crop factor camera cause u cant shoot flash. sports photography isnt something cheap to begin with. even the volunteer photographers shooting on field of play all basic requirement is a 70-200 f2.8
dont worry about that, the volunteer photographers have been issued the Canon 7D + EF 70-200mm. whether they can use effectively depends on just how quick they are to learn from their mistakes. I really hope they have recce the places they are supposed to shoot the event.

a lot of the places the F/2.8 is barely cutting it and even worse if the users scared to go above iso 1600.

sports photography is not just the gear, but when and where to use the gears as well as what to do if in the siuation where gear is insufficient. In short, its the experience that counts and i am chalking up the experience points in that area...

Last edited:
from my experience, it is usually those PnS cams that are giving problems. I always have to nicely tell them not to use flash when taking sports or animal photography.... but usually they don't care anything you said. Those with DSLR cams and big gears usually know how to behave in the sporting arena.:think:

well ask around in the Newbies or General info session. You will be surprise on the answer you get. with due respect, mostly pass the comment that its the user who is the weakest link when come to photo taking and they will start bring out Links display their stand that a PnS can function like a DSLR. hahah
obviously mah...:)

from my experience, it is usually those PnS cams that are giving problems. I always have to nicely tell them not to use flash when taking sports or animal photography.... but usually they don't care anything you said. Those with DSLR cams and big gears usually know how to behave in the sporting arena.:think:

Yeah, people think their PNS flashes got GN 200 or something.