Your Next Lens Will Be...???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nose bleed already, :confused:

with the Production technology nowadays, It might have no difference between MIV and MIJ. if there is such a thing, it's subtle and might not be able to be noticed by a newbie like me.

For DA's I don't mind where it comes from as long as it satisfies my taste. It's applicable also with the body.

But, I still prefer MIJ for FA limiteds as I still don't have the urge to buy another lens at the moment. Maybe later if I already have found out the real reason to have one MIV. Though, If I seen one MIJ being sold at a reasonable price, I would take it. No questions asked... :)

Seriously, I dont think MIV means poorer QC. If the Vietnam factory can produce good quality DA limited, they definitely can do the same to the FA limited.

in the case of the K1000, when they shifted production from japan & hong kong to china, the QC was still maintained at a high standard, but the materials used were cheaper and less durable to cut costs.

i'm not so picky about the country of production/assembly as long as the necessary QC is done, and workmanship is good. better than insisting on continuing production in an expensive country but having to cheap out on raw materials and QC or raise prices as a result.

It would have been nice if part of the savings from shifting of the factory could be passed to us. Else, for the same price, anyone would have picked the MIJ.

Don't have any items on my radar currently that I badly need. Wants on the other hand... :think:

Other than the FA77 and DA10-17, I don't mind some super takumars that pop up every now and then. Same goes for cheap off-brand lenses. As long as it gives me decent output, I'm a happy Pentaxian. :)

It would have been nice if part of the savings from shifting of the factory could be passed to us. Else, for the same price, anyone would have picked the MIJ.

it would show at the price actually, Anyway Assembled in Vietnam doesn't mean parts do come from the same country, maybe major parts still come from japan.

glass disks may also come from Hoya glass disk manufacturing plant in Philippines. Or cebu plant if I'm correct.

Or might MIJ lenses have major parts manufactured in other countries. Even Nikon glasses might come from Philippines. And who knows ;)

Last edited:
My wonder here is, why should you care about where the part come from, don't you know that the USM Motor of Canon are manufactured in Vietnam?

Back to the main topic, my wish list could be FA 50/1.4, 77 Ltd and FA* 250-600/5.6 :D

I'm still blur with the next purchase :confused:

I'm thinking in between the three in which i need to purchase before I go home this Oct. 22.
DA*50-135.
DA 12-24.
FA 77 limited.

cannot get all three, otherwise no more money to spend at home. :(

I think I'm cured of LBA... :bsmilie:

I'm moving towards primes mainly because all zooms seem more or less liable to centering issues in my experience. So the DA15 is sending me signals from a distance - still quite faintly, but I think the call will get stronger over the next year. I may also trade in an FA50 (I have the 1.7 and the 1.4) for a DA40 at some point. At the longer end I'll stick with the 55-300, or one of the 135s (I have the FA and the M) if I want something smaller.

Tim

Good to know that we have more new Pentax users in our midst since the K-7 was launched.
So my trivial question to seasoned and new Pentaxians is:

What's the next lens you plan to get, and why? ;p

Have you overcome the LBA (Lens Buying Addiction) disease? :cool:

Time to confess your secret lens buying desires... :angel:

Really? Can you tell me what the cure is? I didn't know there is one existing at all ;p

Easy, spending lots of money and looking at your bank account will make you sober up pretty quickly. :eek:

4007318913_d0c1cf8972_o.jpg

Was reading a LBA thread in Pentaxforum. Saw this interesting article! :bsmilie:

Easy, spending lots of money and looking at your bank account will make you sober up pretty quickly. :eek:
That is where the danger of having multiple credit cards come in.

OK I am missing the holy grail of Pentax lenses... FA 31mm f/1.8 Limited.
But fortunately I got lenses covering this focal length... :sweat:

Hmm, you sure you don't want any of these? ;p

Pentax_A50_85_135.jpg

Wow! FW is this all your own collection.Superb man!
I got one formula to cure LBA is to give up photography..ME!:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.