Your favourite local food?

Your favorite.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to share.

I have on numerous occasion brought my overseas colleagues from US, Korea, China & Japan to sample local food. I am surprised by what they rank as number 1:

1. Rojak
2. Chicken Rice
3. Pepper/Chilli Crab
4. BBQ Wings

Aura said:
Just to share.

I have on numerous occasion brought my overseas colleagues from US, Korea, China & Japan to sample local food. I am surprised by what they rank as number 1:

1. Rojak
2. Chicken Rice
3. Pepper/Chilli Crab
4. BBQ Wings

Wow thats new! For me

1. Nasi Briyani (Tekka )
2. Chicken Rice ( Balistier )
3. Char kwa Teow ( Queenstown )
4. Roti Prata (Jln Kayu );p

I eat anything that's edible right down to wild plants and fruits that are edible. :)

Clean, eat. Dirty oso eat. U can say that I'm a rubbish bin of sorts.
But my personal preference would be noodle-based food rather den rice-based.

fishball noodles not popular? i love Ming Fu's fishball noodles at Kreta Ayer HC. yummy with black vinegar.

soma said:
I have a recommendation for BCM but they operate in the morning.
BLK 511 Bedok North AVE 2 Market. Operate from 6am-11am:thumbsup: Not oily and fatty and the soup is :thumbsup: the wanton is also a bonus.(happen to come across and now try to go every sunday if can wake up early) I think will go eat again this sunday morning.

Personally i prefer it more than the well known blk 85 market which operate at night. was telling my supper kaki that i rather eat instant noodles if not meeting her for chit chat :tongout

go try this....:lovegrin:

Blk 85's one is overhyped or over-rated. soup based tasteless & bland, so i poured in all the cut chillies else i'll be drinking salty soup :rolleyes:

BCM is so near my house .. oops :bsmilie:

furrycake said:
Blk 85's one is overhyped or over-rated. soup based tasteless & bland, so i poured in all the cut chillies else i'll be drinking salty soup :rolleyes:

BCM is so near my house .. oops :bsmilie:

I never recommend Blk 85, i recommend blk 511 if you stay near try it out in the morning.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: The wanton noodle is also very good. (hungry liao, cook mee first):lovegrin:

Must have Bak Chor Mee outing. :thumbsup:

kenele said:
Wow thats new! For me

1. Nasi Briyani (Tekka )
2. Chicken Rice ( Balistier )
3. Char kwa Teow ( Queenstown )
4. Roti Prata (Jln Kayu );p

I think Jln Kayu prata a bit over-rated. :sweat:

soma said:
I never recommend Blk 85, i recommend blk 511 if you stay near try it out in the morning.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: The wanton noodle is also very good. (hungry liao, cook mee first):lovegrin:

you got me drooling liao... tonight jio my supper kaki go there eat :vhappy:

furrycake said:
you got me drooling liao... tonight jio my supper kaki go there eat :vhappy:

:kok: morning only!!!:bsmilie:

furrycake said:
why kok meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :cry:
ok UNCLE SOMA, i go tomorrow morning !!!

why call me uncle,:bheart: i not that old la.....................................................................:sticktong

soma said:
why call me uncle,:bheart: i not that old la.....................................................................:sticktong

you so naggy what :sticktong
dun care, from now on i called you UNCLE SOMA :bsmilie:

furrycake said:
you so naggy what :sticktong
dun care, from now on i called you UNCLE SOMA :bsmilie:

Remember to study for you PSLE, if you pass Uncle Soma buy you BCM.
Xiao Mei Mei.:ipuke:

soma said:
Remember to study for you PSLE, if you pass Uncle Soma buy you BCM.
Xiao Mei Mei.:ipuke:

you calling yourself Uncle Soma now, not my problem hor :rolleyes:

furrycake said:
you calling yourself Uncle Soma now, not my problem hor :rolleyes:

if you are xiao mei mei :ipuke:

The best chicken rice I personally like is at the basement of Katong Shopping center. Abit more ex than ur usual kopitiam, but the herbal soup is a killer! Anyone try b4?:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.