Your Fav manual setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

zy974

Nov 13, 2009
Hi guys,

Newbie here... just bought my canon 500D with 18-55mm lens last month...
I have been playing ard with the settings on the camera, so I'm just curious what are the fav settings (in terms of aperture, shutter speed, pic style) did you guys choose for these 3 outdoor shoots:

1. street shot on sunny day
2. street shot on cloudy day or evening
3. fireworks (i tried and failed yesterday lol)

I don't think you will get a straight answer to your questions as the situation in the street are so varied, such as moving object vs a non-moving object, the amount of light etc.

It might be more helpful if you post your (failed) pictures, perhaps we can work from there.

If you are a newbie, I suggest you start shooting in this sequence: Auto Mode--->Program Mode--->Aperture, Speed Mode--->Manual Mode.

After shooting, analyze your exif file to see what speed, aperture and ISO the camera choose.

Learn to walk before you run.

Last edited:
I don't think you will get a straight answer to your questions as the situation in the street are so varied, such as moving object vs a non-moving object, the amount of light etc.

It might be more helpful if you post your (failed) pictures, perhaps we can work from there.

hehehe.. actually wasnt looking for a straight ans, just interested in what CS members fav settings are on moving objects

here are some of my failed attempts from the fireworks... :sweat:

19969_226921091438_721921438_3215336_2013976_n.jpg

19969_226921131438_721921438_3215341_2901269_n.jpg

19969_226921221438_721921438_3215353_5894351_n.jpg

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Newbie here... just bought my canon 500D with 18-55mm lens last month...
I have been playing ard with the settings on the camera, so I'm just curious what are the fav settings (in terms of aperture, shutter speed, pic style) did you guys choose for these 3 outdoor shoots:
Hi newbie, there is not fix fav manual settings on the camera according to your what you have listed. Throughout the day, the light changes all the time, whether its sunny or cloudy, day or evening. That's why on the dial you have different settings for you to choose & select the modes to give you the effects that you want the photo to turn out ;)

no fix settings,
even on a day with constant lighting,
u can choose to expose your images different to get different affect.

understanding exposure and u have your query answered

1. depends.. sunny, you want what sort of effect? what sort of lighting you talking about..

2. see 1

3. use bulb mode

Status
Not open for further replies.