You Pay First Before Eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yappy

May 30, 2004
Another cashless payment.... cashless meant that you will have to have spare money.

'Pay before you eat'.. what a noble excuse? Imagine at a Foodcourt a nice gentleman, approached me and told me that I had to pay first before I eat in he form of cash card.
Why do need to pay first before we buy?

What do you thing?

i think its a freaking stupid concept.. its like tying pple down and making them have no choice but to pay first to eat. and if they do not eat they have to keep the card and EVENTUALLY use the card to eat there....

theres no way i am gg to eat at those places.... :thumbsd:

Kopitiam is now :thumbsd: :thumbsd: if they are going to use this concept... :thumbsd:

Doesn't the kopitiam card give the holder a 10% discount on purchases? That's the only reason why I got the card in the first place. Too bad they aren't selling any more of these cards.

this is already a very common concept in Bangkok.
strange that consumer cannot adapt to it here.

We've been paying first use later for a long time now. Look at our parking coupons, phone card, EZlink etc.

There is nothing wrong to pay 1st.

Or is it people are adapting to the credit card way here. Eat and shop then pay last?

Just to add my support to cashless system in food court. Simply hates to see hawkers handling food and $$$ togather.
For info, handling foods and cards togather is still better than handling $$$.

actually, we have been paying before service since a loooong time ago. i think it started with stamps.

speaking of cash, one of the more cash-dependent countries i've ever been to is Japan.. it's not uncommon for ppl on the street to have upwards of $500-1000 (or about 30,000 - 60,000 yen) in their wallets. In any case, it's just 3-6 notes (eg. three 10,000 yen notes). They pay for their $7 ramen in coins.... :dunno:

Terence said:
Doesn't the kopitiam card give the holder a 10% discount on purchases? That's the only reason why I got the card in the first place. Too bad they aren't selling any more of these cards.

They do, just look at your receipt.

:embrass: i always pay before eating most of the time.. i order bak chor mee or mee siam (have hum no hum doesn't matter) then when uncle serve me.. I pay him first before eating...:embrass:

yanyewkay said:
:embrass: i always pay before eating most of the time.. i order bak chor mee or mee siam (have hum no hum doesn't matter) then when uncle serve me.. I pay him first before eating...:embrass:

Haha I do too but what he probably mean is he only want to eat at kopitiam on that particular day and he doesn't dine there often, have to buy a card just to have a meal there and will not know when is his next visit.

Concept is the same for transport with ezlink etc.... but you do use that often, unless you drive, you still can pay cash.

I find that dun use cash is kinda dumb. Isn't the money legal tender? Can use for all transactions!

Status
Not open for further replies.