Yongnuo YN460 -II problem

mimin5zidane

May 19, 2010
Woodlands
My flash is giving me problems. It works normally for around 2 weeks. Then suddenly, it can't fire anymore flash. All the buttons work perfectly fine. Manual, S1 and S2 are fine. But just can't fire. Even test fire wouldn't work. Anyone can help?

I think your yn 460-II might have just died on you.
I have 3 yn 460 II, but one of them died on me before.

I could switch it on, the lights would light up, but the "charging up" led would always remain red and never turn to green..

Is that what is going on with yours?
If so, i believe there is a faulty capacitor on the flah unit..

Anyways, in the end, i had mine replaced as it was covered for warranty. I hope your is still...

did the flash charge up?
yongnuo's QC for the 460 is quite bad.
Before i got my MK1, i did quite abit of researches and there were quite alot of reports having their flashes dying on them after a few shoots, and some even DOA.
As for my experience, I bought 2 units of them, and the capacitor on one of them actually 'poped' on the very first shoot.

Hope yours is under warranty.

My flash is giving me problems. It works normally for around 2 weeks. Then suddenly, it can't fire anymore flash. All the buttons work perfectly fine. Manual, S1 and S2 are fine. But just can't fire. Even test fire wouldn't work. Anyone can help?

Did you try with another set of batteries?Cos if your battery is low your flash will power on but won't fire...

Did you try with another set of batteries?Cos if your battery is low your flash will power on but won't fire...

Agree:) My personal experience with Yongnuo (model 560), bought from Artwork - Asia xxx Festival. I found the flash's indicator LED were on, and indicating "normal" according to manual but no matter how, just won't fire when trying with my rechargeable batteries at home.
At the time I brought back the Flash to the shop, the sales girl use her batteries, and TARAAAA... all function nicely!!! What a shameful experience (and waste of timesssss) because I didn't check that two of my NiMH batteries were actually out of current........ and.... until now...
So far so good, Yong Nuo:thumbsup:

The flash is charged up. The light turns green. and i am sure i can test shoot. But when i try to test shoot, nothing comes out. It didn't fire. and the pilot LED remains green.

Thanks guys, something new for me to take note of as I intend to get an unit for myself.

Well, I guess we can't have a high hope and expectations on this flash since the price of this flash is relatively low and affordable for most of us.

did the flash charge up?
yongnuo's QC for the 460 is quite bad.
Before i got my MK1, i did quite abit of researches and there were quite alot of reports having their flashes dying on them after a few shoots, and some even DOA.
As for my experience, I bought 2 units of them, and the capacitor on one of them actually 'poped' on the very first shoot.

Hope yours is under warranty.

sadly, no warranty...

The flash is charged up. The light turns green. and i am sure i can test shoot. But when i try to test shoot, nothing comes out. It didn't fire. and the pilot LED remains green.

TS,did you read the 2 posts below?

Agree:) My personal experience with Yongnuo (model 560), bought from Artwork - Asia xxx Festival. I found the flash's indicator LED were on, and indicating "normal" according to manual but no matter how, just won't fire when trying with my rechargeable batteries at home.
At the time I brought back the Flash to the shop, the sales girl use her batteries, and TARAAAA... all function nicely!!! What a shameful experience (and waste of timesssss) because I didn't check that two of my NiMH batteries were actually out of current........ and.... until now...
So far so good, Yong Nuo:thumbsup: