Y is my sunrise looks more like sunset?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think the only diff between sunrise and sunset is whether it is at east or west. haha. besides that, it looks same to me on photos.....

i think the only diff between sunrise and sunset is whether it is at east or west. haha. besides that, it looks same to me on photos.....
no, espion and others have pointed out the different of color temperatures between sunrise and sunset.

and of course, you can't shoot sunrise and sunset at the same location with same direction and yet still able to see the sun.

There is a difference actually. Sunrise skies are more blue, and the sun is more to white in colour, since the intensity of the sunlight is still not so strong.

The sun in sunsets are warmer and more orangy. Because of the intensity of the sun's rays, the sky is also warmer.

Pictures speak a thousand words. Below are 2 pics for comparison ...

399898585_22639024d0.jpg

399895659_00b34e0de4.jpg

both my photos are actually of the same morning, the 2nd photo with the orange hue taken just before the sun appeared over the horizon, and the 1st photo showing a dominantly clearer and bluer sky once the sun gradually crossed the horizon. they were actually taken less than 10 minutes apart, i think.

when i showed my friends the 2nd photo alone, they presumed it was taken in the evening, and now on closer inspection, i would have thought so myself if i wasnt the photographer. the same camera settings were used for both photos.

anyway, the exhilirating experience of taking the predawn shots alone was worth it, regardless of whether my friends can tell whether it is a sunrise or sunset :bsmilie:

sunrise or sunset ?

actually, does it matter?

haha ... well said. the quote 'sunrise or sunset' reminds me of another saying - 'whether a glass is half full or half empty' - it's all a matter of perspective. if you make a video of a sunset and play it backwards, it will just be another sunrise.

there may be subtle differences in both but they are definitely beautiful in their own ways :cheers:

The sun is still the same right? There is no change in the output just the postion that all.

Hi guys, been reading what is contributed on the thread, indeed, it has enriched me with additional knowledge about shooting sunrise and sunset, and the feel factor. Thanks to all. :p :lovegrin: :thumbsup:

actually the scattering of light for sunrise and sunset is the same. at both times the colours of bright reds, purples, oranges etc. are caused by scattering of low angle sunlight off dust particles in the atmosphere. the reason why sunsets appear warmer and brighter is because of the increased amount of low atmospheric dust floating in the air, during the day air currents caused by sun's heating sweep up dust particles into the air.

so if you take a sunrise picture in a generally dusty environment, it can well feel very ''sunsetish'' due to brighter colours of reds and oranges.

This sounds more logical, as generally, the colour in the sky is the results of the scattered light reflected by the dust in the air.

actually the scattering of light for sunrise and sunset is the same. at both times the colours of bright reds, purples, oranges etc. are caused by scattering of low angle sunlight off dust particles in the atmosphere. the reason why sunsets appear warmer and brighter is because of the increased amount of low atmospheric dust floating in the air, during the day air currents caused by sun's heating sweep up dust particles into the air.

so if you take a sunrise picture in a generally dusty environment, it can well feel very ''sunsetish'' due to brighter colours of reds and oranges.

Seriously, it's not easy to tell just by looking at the pic.

Unless you know the location well. It'll be impossible to get a sunrise shot of the sun peeking out from the horizon from the ocean from Raffles Marina as that would be West facing.

With this said, the sunset shots from there are :thumbsup:;p:lovegrin:
:bsmilie:

hey dude, i think if its sunset, it should be on the opposite side, how to compare?

Status
Not open for further replies.