Y close my Poll thread: Remove WTB/WTS ads from Kopitiam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nudi

Jan 2, 2003
Hi Moderators

I am indeed shocked to see my poll thread, with regards to the recent addition of guidelines to remove the WTB/WTS ads from Kopitiam, is closed in such a short time.

I am not too well versed in the rules & regulations of posting in Kopitiam. My understanding is that discussions of any topics as long as it is not offensive or against the legal system, it should be ok.

I am not fanning flames at the moderators to remove their new guideline. I am merely asking the feedback of fellow clubsnappers about this additional guideline.

Is there no room for discussion or exchange of viewpoints among fellow clubsnappers with regards to the new guideline that was introduced?

Should the moderator close a poll thread so abruptly because he has given a very GOOD explanation of the Clubsnap Management's views?

:thumbsd:

nudi said:
Hi Moderators

I am indeed shocked to see my poll thread, with regards to the recent addition of guidelines to remove the WTB/WTS ads from Kopitiam, is closed in such a short time.

I am not too well versed in the rules & regulations of posting in Kopitiam. My understanding is that discussions of any topics as long as it is not offensive or against the legal system, it should be ok.

I am not fanning flames at the moderators to remove their new guideline. I am merely asking the feedback of fellow clubsnappers about this additional guideline.

Is there no room for discussion or exchange of viewpoints among fellow clubsnappers with regards to the new guideline that was introduced?

Should the moderator close a poll thread so abruptly because he has given a very GOOD explanation of the Clubsnap Management's views?

:thumbsd:

The thread was closed for a good reason. In case, you didnt realise, our decision was made FINAL with alot of considerations and thoughts. Since thats the case, theres no reason for the poll anymore.

I am not too sure how long have you been following ClubSNAP forum. The guidelines are nothing new. It wasnt allowed in the very 1st place. We changed and allowed the posting of non photographic sales under Kopitiam due to members request. However we also mentioned that once we found people abusing it, we have the right to close it.

This is a photographic forum after all. We are not here and wont be here to cater for all needs and everything under the sun. And we do have very valid reasons. Sometimes I do urge members NOT to looks at things ONLY from their view but also try to see it from our (admin/mod) angle. Then you may realise/see things you failed to understand or have doubts on in the very 1st place.

And fyi I normally dont respond to similar posts like yours over at Kopitiam. Since you sound pretty new to this forum, let me give you a hint. If you start to scroll down the main forum index and realise theres a Feedback & Suggestions , maybe you will understand what I am talking about.

I am closing this thread now since it doesnt serve any more purpose. I always welcome contructive comments, feedbacks and suggestions posted under the right subforum.

Thanks!

PS: In case you are still shocked, perhaps we can arrange to meetup over at SEED and let me treat you to some herbal tea to calm you down.

Status
Not open for further replies.