Xerox Phaser8200 output quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

XanderMan

Jun 28, 2005
Hi,

Has anyone tried a Xerox Phaser8200 for printing photographs? Is it any good?

Cheers,

Alex

too contrasty, the color is way out, sharpness wise below average

the toner is expensive too (lots of other consumable like fuser, imaging unit and waste toner tray!!)

beocs the imaging unit and toner is separate, it will be damn messy when u change toner cos it will leak all over the place

if u want accurate color, get samsung or HP, they got less consumable to replace

Wai, I think you got the wrong printer, the Phaser 8200 is a wax printer

read specs here

http://www.office.xerox.com/perl-bin/product.pl?product=8200

just drop the wax stix into place, there is no mess at all.

IMHO the Phaser 8200's colour is much better than toner based laser printers.
More accurate as well (Pantone approved as well)

haha..i always mix up the 6200 and 8200 that i have

6200 is the one that use toner, 8200 use wax

next time i show u the print out, 8200 color is the worse i have ever seen out of all color laser pritners, too dark and constrasty, resolution also lower, colour gradient is total gone so it will looks patchy

and do u know how much wax wastage? every time u power off and on the printer, lots of wax will be use to clean the system, and if u pull out the waste tray, you will see half block of wax gone!

the smell of the wax is terrible too, it takes 15min to warm up the printer and half an hour to power it off (wax need to cool down before u can move the printer)

i can go on if you want me to list out how disappointing this printer is :p

the only thing i like will be the glossy effect due to the wax, it is water proof but not heat proof nor scratch proof :D

if u really want xerox, get the new 8500, i have it too and the color is slightly better, however the resolution still below average, it is messy because it use toner powder, try change the toner once and u will know what i mean (btw, Epson C4000 series uses same design as 8500)

I have seen the printouts from the 6200 and the 8200 and all the other colour lasers around at theat time, the 8200 was the best, wax gives you nice and bright colours.

wax wastage is true, but just do not turn off the printer. My experience with the 8200 is that you need to have high usage to get optimum results from that printer.

I do not know about the unit that you tested but the one from my previous office was OK, all my clients were happy with the prints.

Thanks for the feedback guys :)

I didnt buy the printer but have free access to use one. Guess I will have to self-sponsor the wax sticks myself. Any ball park figure how much it would cost for the sticks?

Is it worth my effort to print out photographs on the Phaser or should I just invest in an A3 epson inkjet? I am looking at decent close-to-pro quality. I dont expect either the Phaser of the epson to produce super-Pro quality.

the inkjet will product better pictures but the cost per print will be seriously $$$

but ink sticks are not cheap either, unless you break it down to cost per print.

Status
Not open for further replies.