X100 owner - should I get another camera?

red_ryder

Jun 23, 2003
Visit site
I've owned the X100 since it was launched in Singapore. I like the camera, but I miss not being able to zoom. I don't have a DSLR, the only other camera I own is an Olypmus Tough TG-2 meant for underwater use. The X100 is only used when I go on holiday or business travel.

If I want to get a camera with zoom, should I get a mirrorless system, or just a prosumer zoom? I like the manual controls on the X100 very much and would like to get a similar style camera with zoom lens. However, since I don't shoot much, an X-T1 would be overkill.

How about the teleconverter TCL-X100? You will get 50mm equivalent field of view. Costs around 370-390, cheaper than most new prosumer zoom on the market and you can continue enjoy your existing camera.

The WCL and TCL converters may not be a bad idea but I'll only recommend the WCL and not the TCL due to the TCL's size.

TS started with asking for a zoom so I'm going to presume a Mirrorless with a standard zoom might be good. If TS wishes to stick with Fuji , there are many options already. :)

Maybe can clarify more so we can help more specifically

Maybe wait a while for x30? I am sure it's going to be a great one lens zoom camera.