WTSell: SLR - Nikon EM

Status
Not open for further replies.

benfires

Dec 3, 2014
Singapore
Advertisement Category: Want To Sell (WTS)

Equipment Type: SLR
Equipment Brand: Nikon
Equipment Model: EM
Price (S$): 100
Description:
Images here; http://imgur.com/a/xxoB3

Letting go of my Nikon EM! I got this about half a year ago, but getting rid of it now.

Cosmetically 8/10 with light user marks, light scuffs on the advance lever, and some brassing on the back along the film label holder. Viewfinder is slightly dirty, but it's not an issue unless you like to look through it with no lens attached. Insides are all clean. No problem with light leaks either.

Functionally 9/10, the meter seems to stick at 1/1000s between cocking the lever and taking a shot, but internally the meter still works just fine. The meter needle still moves if the lever isn't cocked. Film loading, rewind and release all work as intended. Bulb mode and the mechanical M90 (1/90s) shutters work perfectly fine, so do all the knobs and dials. Heck, even the timer works too if you use it. Hotshoe on the top works as well. The backlit compensation (-2EV) button up front works too.

Some more info;
Meter rated for ASA/ISO 25-1000.
Center-weighted meter takes 2x LR44 button batteries, fires from 1s-1/1000s.
Meter starts working once film indicator moves to "2"(4 advances from empty), as indicated by original design.
Mechanical shutter speeds at Bulb and M90.
Electronic beep given off if meter indicates anything above 1/1000s or under 1/30s.
Takes and meters with any Nikon lens with an adapter ring, or adapted lenses which don't have any interference to its metering tab (eg M42). Non-AI lenses will still damage its aperture tab, as with most other Nikon cameras made after the introduction of the AI function,
Serial Number 73XXXXX if it means anything.
Pretty much functions permanently in Aperture-priority mode, but it's a simple camera to use. The camera body is made in Japan too, if it matters to you, which is clearly stamped on its bottom plate.

RFS - too many cams, too little time to shoot.

Asking for $120, can nego but please be reasonable. Strap lugs and hotshoe insert are already attached. Will throw in fresh batteries for the meter on purchase. Feel free to bring a lens to try it out with before purchase, otherwise let me know in advance and I can try to bring a lens for you to test on the spot!

WYSIWYG, I will give 3 days of personal warranty if any functions don't work.

Might trade with Nikon or Nikon compatible stuff, drop me a PM if you do! Particularly interested with Nikon Film SLR that gives full control with G lenses!

Thanks for viewing

Contact Number: 81381103

Condition of Item: 8
Warranty Status: 3 days personal

Sorry, forgot to edit description, and can't seem to change it now! Price on the TOP is the correct one!

Status
Not open for further replies.