www.derrickchoo.com
Classifieds Type: WTSell

Equipment Type: Rangefinder

Brand: Contax

Short Description: Contax T Rangefinder Film Camera

Price (S$): 150.00

Condition of Item(s): 7

Detailed Description:
Clearing more stuff out of my dry cabinet. Contax T camera for sale. Selling cheap for repair or parts (see issues listed below). Kept in the dry cabinet when not in use. Comes with box, camera, flash unit, Japanese manual, and camera case. Optics are clean, metering works (can see the exposure LEDs light up in the viewfinder when you half press down on the shutter button), film counter display works fine, body lock switch at the bottom of the camera is good, normal scruff marks from usage here and there on the camera body. Case has the usual wear due to age (I never used it).

Issues:
1) Main issue with the camera is that the shutter only seems to fire at very fast shutter speeds. At lower shutter speeds, if you press the shutter button, there is the normal click sound but the shutter does not open. Not sure if it is a sticky shutter problem that can be easily repaired. If can be repaired the camera will last for many more years.
2) I never used the flash unit before. When I just tested it, the flash ready light comes on after a while but the flash does not fire. Assume not working.
3) Lens door release button not working. Supposed to be when you press the little bump beside the lens, the door will be pushed out a bit so its easier to open. Does not affect the operation of the camera. Can just open and close the lens without having to use the button.
4) Horizontal rangefinder at infinity is slightly off. Can be adjusted by accessing a little screw on the inside of the camera. Would not recommend adjusting it yourself if you don't know what you are doing. I have adjusted both the horizontal and the vertical (screw accessible behind a rubber stop near the film advance lever) before years ago.

Specs, review and link to english PDF manual can be found at https://www.kenrockwell.com/contax/t.htm

Self collect.

Name: Derrick

Phone Number:

Images of Item(s):
File(s) attached

Attachments

• ContaxT-2.jpg
    ContaxT-2.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 48
  • ContaxT-3.jpg
    ContaxT-3.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 54