WTSell: Lens - Pentax Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2,8/25 ZK (25mm f/2.8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

scorpioh

Jul 17, 2007
Woodlands
Advertisement Category: Want To Sell (WTS)

Equipment Type: Lens
Equipment Brand: Pentax
Equipment Model: Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2,8/25 ZK (25mm f/2.8)
Price (S$): 1000
Description:
Up for sale is a copy of the Carl Zeiss 25mm f2.8 ZK lens.

The ZK line of lenses are Made in Japan by Cosina under the direct supervision of Carl Zeiss. They are considered third party lenses and come in the ZF (Nikon's mount), ZE (Canon's mount), ZK (Pentax's K-mount) and ZS (M42 screw mount) variants. Back in 2010, unfortunately, Carl Zeiss has stopped the production of the ZK line which would make them rarer and rarer in future. Yes, the ZK lenses are considered EOL.

These series of lenses are probably one of the finest made in modern production runs. The lens is housed in an all metal construction with excellent built, extremely tight tolerances and a superbly smooth focus ring. There's a lot of pride that goes into the making of these lenses - each lens is personally tested and certified during the final inspection for optical quality, aperture, cleanliness and packaging. I could vouch that it is built better than even the Pentax FA limited series and I was really touched when I first got hold of it.

While the 25mm f/2.8 is not quite the cream of crop of the ZK series (the title going to both the 21mm f2.8 and the 100mm f2.0 makro), it is a very useful and versatile lens, especially for walkarounds. It even has a close focus ability doubling as a semi-macro lens. It offers first class optics with the typical Zeiss-rendering - superb micro-contrast and saturated colors. While a wide angled f2.8 lens doesn't really have much bokeh to be talked about, out of focus regions are seldom harsh. In certain scenes, it does have some 3d-like rendering. It has a slightly heavier vignett wide open but that really adds taste and character to its images. Of course, that could easily be removed during post-process if undesired.

To sum it up, If I could only have one ZK lens, this would be it. In fact, this is a backup copy which I have decided to let go. I believe one would not be disappointed with the lens. Do feel free to search for online reviews of this lens.

Do note that, like all great lenses, the lens can only be manual focused. However, the ZK series comes with the "A" setting which allows Pentax cameras to automatically set the aperture without the need to adjust the aperture ring.

2825mmzk1.jpg

2825mmzk2.jpg

2825mmzk3.jpg

2825mmzk4.jpg

Condition of Item (as per guidelines): Mint
Warranty Status: 1 week personal

Package/Accessories/Extras:
Everything from original packaging, including front and rear caps, lens hood and certification/document.

A matching 58mm B+W f-pro clear protection filter is included.

Additional Comments:
The lens is pretty much like new. It has only been used for testing purposes and never used in the field.

Kindly PM me if interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.