WTSell: Lens - Nikon New year Lens Sales (Letting go of many fantastic nikkors and others usable with adaptor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XC Pictorial

Apr 29, 2006
www.lens.sg
Advertisement Category: Want To Sell (WTS)

Equipment Type: Lens
Equipment Brand: Nikon
Equipment Model: New year Lens Sales (Letting go of many fantastic nikkors and others usable with adaptor)
Price (S$): stated below
Description:
Below listed at all MANUAL FOCUS lens

Reason for sale is simple, to make space for new lens, there is only so many lens one can own. Reposting to keep an update on what lens is still available.

Note regarding manual focusing on nikon DSLR:

Metering issues:
For higher end bodies like D3, D2X, D700, D300, D200, there is a coupling function which you can set the focal length and largest aperture. The Camera body is then able to detect the change in aperture and records into the exif data for future referencing. With this, users can shooting in aperture piority mode, which shutter speed are determined by the camera, but can still be adjusted with exposure compensation.

Focusing issues:
ALL nikon bodies, from highest end D3 to entry level D40, has Focus confirmation. Which is actually the little yellow dot at the bottom of the left of the viewfinder. By selecting the focus point on the viewfinder and placing it over the subject to shoot, then manual focusing till it appears, one can ensure sharp, in focus images. On newer bodies, D90, D300, D700, D3, Liveview function allows user to zoom in 5X or 10X at any point of the frame, and manual focus till the subject seen in clear focus before hitting the shutter release. One can ensure sharp, in focus images in this way.

2. AIS Nikkor 24mm F2 Wide angle

24mmf2topnice.jpg

Highly sought after and regarded wide angle fast lens. High quality lens with Nikon's CRC for good close up performance similar to 35F1.4, 28F2.8 AIS, 60F2.8 macro etc..

Quoted from MIR:
"Wideangle lens at 24mm focal length was almost treated like a standard lens to photojournalists and newsmen. This fast speed Nikkor wideangle lens has built a fine reputation over the years for its superlative image quality it offers. It was a clear Nikon winner at this catogory at the professional users market which had inspired Canon to introduced a competing high speed Canon FD 24mm f1.4L to counter Nikon's offer for professionals at this specific focal length. Like any new kid on the block, I have owned both of the 24mm lenses (started from the f/2.8, migrated to the f/2.0 but eventually disposed both of them while acquired a Nikkor 28mm f2.0s at later stage instead. However, that was not the end - at my soul searching years that followed, eventually, I settled with a Nikkor 28mm f/2.8s and has invested again into a high speed AF-D Nikkor 28mm f/1.4 lens barely a few years ago! And if you can trust my recommendation, between two comparing Nikkor 24mm wideangles, I would rather preferred the faster 24mm f2.0 lens primarily because the fast lens speed is always a plus point for those who likes flashless photography. Next, the image quality presents by this lens can easily make one's eyebrows raise - even I don't own any of the two lenses anymore, but I really missed that 24mm f/2.0 dearly."

Images shot with it:
IMG_9979-1.jpg

IMG_9854-1.jpg

Glass has scratches on both front and rear glass, but no fungus for sure. focusing still smooth, aperture blades functioning well. Only thing is slight contrast loss at most. Letting go this rare lens very cheaply at only $250.

3. AI Nikkor 24mm F2.8 Wide angle

24mmf28nonAimidwest3.jpg

Selling this very nice 24mm wide angle lens. according to some online resources, every 24mm f2.8 including this one actually has CRC. This is the magic formula behind the high performing AIS 28f2.8, AIS 35F1.4, AFD 60F2.8 macro and a few others. As shown below, this is a small lens that takes very nice scenery. the perspective is about just nice, not to be too distorted. Lens is sharp wide open, very good performance even close up. in the days of the manual lens, 24mm usually escalates in price and cost alot more. 28 to 24mm sees a significant jump in price, 18mm onwards its a 4 figure price.

Images taken with it:
IMG_7916.jpg

IMG_7932.jpg

Letting go this good lens at only $350.

4. AI Nikkor 28mm F2.0 ultra fast wide angle

Another highly sought after lens, this is one of the fastest wide angle during the manual focus generation. Being a wide 28mm lens, it only takes 1/30s for a non shake shot, with the F2.0 large aperture, it is truely a low light lens, and can be used in low lighting conditions such as wedding dinner in hotels. It stands along side with 35f1.4, 50f1.2, 85f1.4, 105f1.8 and 135f2 as the aperture side limit for their range, during the manual nikon lens days. Well worth the money as its pretty much a collector's item too. I rarely see it sold locally and i got my from US. Sharp and usable wide open.

Recent shots with it:
IMG_2819.jpg

Note the closeup wide angle perspective with the thin depth.

IMG_6374.jpg

Sharp, contrastly, wide angle shot with thin depth of field? this has to be the lens.
Selling for $450. Good condition. Solid lens with nikon's CRC (few nikon lens has this). Well worth the money.

7. AI Nikon Nikkor-S (C) Auto 1:1.4 f= 50mm standard lens
KWeiman_NikkorS.jpg

Nikkor50mmf14_SC_A.JPG

Nikkor50mmf14_SC_B.JPG

These shots are taken from online. The set for sale here is in better condition.

Lens in good condition.

Its only of my fav lens... Mounted on the 5D this lens produces some very sharp images with fantastic depth... especially for low light shots, the feel is fantastic. Selling at only $200 (selling very cheap due to some slight marks on front element, wont affect image taken for sure)
nikon50sample1.jpg

IMG_0824.jpg

The Nippon Kogku 50mm, this lens is rather old but still in very good condition. Optics are still in great shape and shots produced are sharp at wide open, very usable at F1.4.. Its really great for low light shots such as this. As can see from the above, very contrasty and gives a great feel to shots.

6. Nikkor AIS 50mm f/1.8s

Nikkor50mmf18_PCake_a.jpg

Nikkor50mmf18_PCake_b.jpg

This is the more superior AIS version, not AI or E series. Built and image quality it is definitely better than the current plastic like AFD version. Size wise it s actually similar to the E series one, which is quite a pancake lens. Good for those who want a very small and light 50mm for travel and low lighting shots.

Images recently taken with it:
IMG_0326.jpg

Good condition, selling at $140 only.

8. AI 50mm F2.0

Nikkor50mmf18Ai_MISA_A.JPG

Nikkor50mmf18Ai_MISA_B.JPG

50mm standard lens. the f2.0 is one of the most representative of each brand of lens maker, from ziess to leica to canon/nikon/olympus/minolta/pentax.. because 50mm is usually the more affordable large aperture prime lens and largest in volume sold, it tells alot about the standard of a lens maker and cannot be neglected for sure.

This piece by nikon proves to be worthy. Built is good, solid metal structure compared to the lighter E series one. As compared to the larger aperture F1.4, f1.2 50mm lens, the advantage of this is a lighter lens which is already very sharp wide open. no need to stop down at all. Good for anything from portrait to low light shots which brings out the "mood"

Random images taken with this lens.
IMG_3541.jpg

IMG_2702.jpg

Letting go at only $130.

9. AI 55mm F3.5 Macro

oldmicro50mmf35.jpg

Very very sharp nikon macro lens. Took me quite a quite before deciding to sell. Good solid metal built, but light for its size as the glass is rather recessed inside, and small. As this is a macro lens, it does extend rather long.

Recent shot taken with it.
IMG_9870.jpg

The thin Depth of field and defocus is beautiful. If one is into close up portraits, this is also one ideal lens.

Slight user marks on the lens, but functionality still perfect. Selling $220.

10. AIS 55mm F2.8 Macro
i-1.JPG

Very highly rated and regarded nikon manual macro lens. Do a search and you will find many good reviews on it. Image quality is damn good and like more nikon macro lens, its pin sharp wide open. Ideal for shooting nature, products and portraits.

One of my fav macro lens, here are some of the many shots taken with this lens at SBG
IMG_9709.jpg

IMG_9665.jpg

IMG_9601.jpg

Exterior has some user marks, but functionality and glass still fantastic. Had been serviced before, and grease in focus ring change, thus focusing now is very smooth and nice. Selling $320.

11. Nikkor AI 55mm F1.2 Auto-S Ultra large aperture standard lens

50mmf12AId1adorama.jpg

50mmf12AIdrearAdorama.jpg

Extremely large aperture at F1.2 largest by nikon so far. This lens may not be extremely sharp wide open, but it gives an extremely shallow depth of field with a light glow to it. That is definitely a characteristic of this lens. Fully usable on other brand bodies like canon 5D which i do, as it does have rear parts protruding out like the 50f1.2 also note the very large glass and weight of this lens. Glass in very good condition. Can be modified to AI mount for a slight top up only.

Shots taken with the lens:
IMG_8660.jpg

IMG_8658.jpg

Very nice low light lens.
Letting go at $550.

Have another piece selling on behave of friend, selling cheap at only $300 as there are marks on the front of lens.

No worries as doesnt affect image taken. in fact, look thru from the rear of lens you cant see any marks on the front at all.

Image recently taken with this piece:

IMG_2832.jpg

12. Ai 85mm f/1.8 Nikkor-H Auto telephoto lens

85f18b.JPG

85f18g.JPG

The 85mm is lovely for portrait and regarded as must have till cropped factor DSLRs come in of course.. the 85 remains a very good lens, in terms of bokeh and depth of field, 85f1.8 is comparable to 50f1.4.. an 85f1.8 on a FF body is about that of a 50f1.2 on a cropped body. I quite like this copy here as it gives good sharp images with good contrast wide open at F1.8

Quoted from MIR website:

"The "moderate" 85mm focal length and the convenience of direct single lens reflex viewing with SLRs provides proper image magnification and natural perspective, making this lens among few favorite optic for those who often covers half length portraiture, theatrical photography and as well as in photojournalism. Many Nikon faithful have rated this lens highly for its high resolution and outstanding contrast produce across its entire aperture settings and focusing range"

Images shot with it:
IMG_8924.jpg

IMG_8910.jpg

Exterior some wear, glass perfect. Letting go at only $320.

11. AIS 100mm F2.8 E series

e100mmf28top.jpg

note that this is the mark2 version with the silver metal ring.

" The version introduced at early stage has similar appearance of other Series E optic. It does not has a meter coupling prong on the aperture ring. The aperture ring and focusing ring was a square plastic grip design with 4 rows for the focusing grip. They are all matte finished externally and distance scales are conceal, displaying distance info in another separate rotating ring. The positive aspect of the lens is its light weight (only 215g) and compactness. The depth of field scales are also very well illustrated. And most of all, the lens is a Ai-S-spec lens in nature. The second upgraded version has improved its handling by adding an Aluminum aperture ring and the four rows square grips have been reverted back to a more welcoming Nikkor's rubberized grip design.

However, despite its lack of quality finishes in its construction, optically this lens exhibits an entirely different impression. It is sharp and images are uniformly maintaining very high contrast for all apertures. The f/2.8 maximum aperture provides is quite adequate for general available light photography and it also provides a reasonably good manipulation of depth of field control control. Given its optical performance and affordable cost entry (especially the used ones). This lens is a very good alternative to other excellent Nikkor optic at this specific focal length. "

This lens is abit plastic outside compared to the 105f2.5 but supposingly they follow the same optical formula and this lens thus produce very nice portraits as well.

Lens in totally MINT condition. Selling $220.

IMG_1771.jpg

Built with similar optics design as the 105F2.5, the 100mm gives very sharp shots even at wide open.The telelens effect allows for isolation of subject.

12. AI 105mm F2.5

The 105 is the first lens that attracted me to nikon manual lens years ago. As we had discussed here..
http://forums.clubsnap.com/showthread.php?t=247893

This lens i truely a legend, the bokeh is damn nice making it fantastic for shooting ppl..

this lens actually made it into Nikon's Tales of 1001 Nights..

Read it here:

http://www.nikon.co.jp/main/eng/portfolio/about/history/nikkor/n05_e.htm

Google it and you can see discussions on it in forums all over the world.

IMG_9856.jpg

Clearly, the colours, saturation, contrast, sharpness are all 10/10.

IMG_9895.jpg

A shot at the minimum focus distance. Shot wide open at F2.5.
Bokeh is beautiful, details are all retained.

IMG_9895_1.jpg

Zoomed in crop of the above image, notice how all the details are still there. This lens is one of the very well know portrait lens, IMO within the nikon range, the only better portrait lens are the 85F1.4 and 200F2, but expect to PAY for them.

IMG_9855.jpg

Contrast and sharpness...

IMG_9855_1.jpg

Zoomed in crop.

The AI and AIS difference is on the built in hood and changes in coating, but image wise both are very good. Selling $350, lens in good condition.

14. AIS Nikkor 135mm f/2.0s telephoto lens

fm2nY2k135mmf2khokingB.jpg

135mmf2KKingA.JPG

135mmf2KKingB.JPG

Similar to the 105F2, this is also another crazy lens in its own right. mounted on a cropped body, you get 216mm F2.0, its really amazing for low light concert shots etc. Though a tad longer than the usual portrait lens, when mounted on a FF body, its still pretty good for portraits. The bokeh for this lens is crazy as well. If my sample shots below cant convince, you are welcome to come try out the lens. Sharpness at wide open is also very good. Also note its beautiful 9 blades aperture, to produce the very nice circular spots of light in the bokeh at night, few nikons used it. sigma and canon only use 8blades. max.

Images done with it:
IMG_8935.jpg

IMG_8928.jpg

IMG_8919.jpg

Lens in good condition. No fungus etc.. Only that rear element has slight wear marks on coating, but doesnt affect image taken at all for sure.
Letting go at only $600.

15. AI 135mm f/2.8 Nikkor-Q Auto

135mmoldf28.jpg

135oldside.jpg

Very nice and large piece of glass. Size wise bigger than the later versions. Glass as well, probably due to cost cutting. This lens is fully metal built, with built in hood. Ergernomics is good. Feels just right on a semi pro DSLR, aperture ring has a generous allowance to manually focus to precision.

Image quality is good. Always delivers. Sharp and contrasty, free from distortion, it can shoot anything for snapshots of everyday life, to portraits for the thin depth.

Sample shots:
IMG_7072.jpg

IMG_7559.jpg

Distortion free

IMG_7558.jpg

Large aperture allows for shooting with fast shutter.

IMG_7346.jpg

Thin Depth of Field produces fantastic shots
Note that this is already in AI mount. Letting go at only $250, definitely worth the price.

16. AI 135mm F2.8 with build in hood

135mmf28top.jpg

Slightly newer version and smaller compared to the one above. The lens delivers equally wow images at wide open. The built in hood is very useful as some stray light may get into glass of lens even when not shooting directly at the sun. Despite being a telephoto lens, its only about the length of the 18-70 with a 52mm diameter. Can be easily kept in your pocket. On a cropped digital body, it gives a 216mm F2.8, definitely value for money as both a sports tele lens, and a portrait lens.

Shots taken with this lens:
IMG_7384.jpg

Lens in good condition. Letting go at $260.

14. Non-Ai 135mm f/3.5 Nikkor-Q Auto telephoto lens

135mmf35.jpg

135mmf35nonAI.jpg

Image above taken from online, lens for sale is in much better condition.

Another very nice nikon tele lens.. Though not a fast f2.8, its gives very nice and sharp images. Modification already done or it to be fitted on nikon DSLRs.. Collector's item Selling only $180.

Unique thing about this lens, is it has a bluish coating on the front element, unlike any other lens.

Shot taken by it:

IMG_8059.jpg

17. AI Nikkor 180mm F2.8

180mmf28ai.jpg

180mmf2878.jpg

Image here taken online. However, the one i am selling her is much newer and cleaner, much better condition.

This is one really huge lens, using 72mm filter. Dont expect it to be light as well, due to the large glass. However image quality is fabulous. Both contrast and sharpness.

Shot taken by it:
IMG_0103.jpg

Lens in used condition. Selling this at only $400.

18. AIS Nikkor 180mm F2.8 ED

180mmf28edside.jpg

This is the legendary AIS ED version of nikon's 180mm F2.8. Frankly i really think canon should make a 180F2.8L with the optics of this lens to complete its collection. The sharpness and contrast wide open is way better than the AF newer version for sure. In fact, the lens is often held in comparison with the Leica 180mm F2.8 APO version, which cost several times, and cant be mounted on a nikon DSLR. One shot with the lens at wide open, you know its worth all the hype about it. Google to check reviews on it.

Shot taken by it:
IMG_8991.jpg

IMG_9007.jpg

Exterior condition of lens is decent (not mint but rather good for its age) however front has got slight marks in front. doesnt affect image at all. The contrast of the lens remains very high, due to the ED element used. Letting go at a reasonable price of only $450.

19. AI 200mm f/4 Nikkor-Q

200mmQ.JPG

Good condition lens. Good optics design. This 200F4 lens is definitely value for its price.

Some might think that F4 isnt very fast, but good manual lens is not just about huge aperture. Like many of the legendary Zeiss lens can tell. This lens is a good example. At F4 it is already very sharp and nice. Another nice surprise i got was the 9 bladed aperture.. it renders a sweet out of focus area..

One more good use of this lens is for macro. We all know how much a 200F4 macro cost... Using a extension tube, the min fousing dist in drastically reduced, allowing very nice macro images. Other techniques such as reverse mount a 50mm or closeup filters, i have not tried but with them, you will definitely get more than 1:1 mag...

IMG_9770.jpg

Taken in china, where i bought this lens, these was one of the first few shots with the lens back then. Only a few shots and i knew i got a value for money lens. Sharpness is excellent wide open, with nice depth of field and the telelens effect isolating your subject.

XAV_1165.jpg

Using extension tubes, this lens easily becomes a dirt cheap 200f4 macro.
Good condition. Selling only $300.

20. Nikkor 300 mm f/4.5

30045b.jpg

Sharp tele prime in good condition at a small fraction of the cost of an AF one. The AF 300f4 easily cost 800 for a used and 1.5K for the AFS one.

Image taken with it:
DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

IMG_8953.jpg

Sharp wide open and easy to focus. This lens is good for both birding and some tele sports.

Selling this very good condition sharp lens at only $350.
I like this lens for its built in hood and tripod mount, which nicely balances the weight and allows fast rotation from landscape to portrait and back. Its really an excellent lens, working rather decently with TCs, and extension tubes for close up as well. Lets just let the sample shot do the talking.
Selling as i already bought the 300f2.8.

Selling a few Tamron adaptall lens here.

For those who dont know, you can google to find out more. These lens require adaptors to be mounted onto the bodies, thus you can mount the same lens to a few different bodies. There are many adaptors allowing to convert mount to m42, cY. leica R, Nikon AIS, OM, KM, FD and alot more...

NOTE THAT LENS BELOW DO NOT INCLUDE ADAPTORS.

2. Adaptor for sale - adaptall to Canon EF mount (Brand new) $40

3. Adaptor for sale - adaptall to Nikon AIS mount (slightly used condition) $40

4. Tamron 28mm F2.5

One of the best in the tamron adaptall series, this lens is pin sharp wide open at F2.5 mounted on a full frame body such as D3 or 5D, this lens is good as a general wide angle, taking anything from group shots to portraits to events, scenery etc. Image quality definitely beats nikon or canon's 28F2.8 Af lens hands down. The generous allowance to turn the focus ring makes manual focus a breeze, esp with a large viewfinder.

Shot taken with this lens:
IMG_0266.jpg

Lens in good condition. Glass is totally clean. Letting go at only $200.

5. Tamron 28mm F2.8

The former version of the 28f2.5 above, this lens uses similar design and perform equally well. Great for anyone looking for a small and light walk about fast prime. This lens is much smaller and thinner than nikon and canon's AF versions for sure, easily fitting into anyone's pocket.

IMG_9446.jpg

Lens in good condition. Glass is totally clean. Letting go at only $180.

7. Tamron 80-200 F3.8 - 4 CF Macro

TL07009041634.jpg

Another compact telephoto zoom great for travelling. Pull push design as well. Similar to the 70-210 above, it is designated a macro lens and focuses rather closely. There are even markings on the lens to show the magnifaction. Lens hood is also built in, omitting the need to carry an extra one around.

IMG_4856.jpg

Some signs of usage on lens, otherwise working perfectly. Selling cheaply at only $120.

Was doing some test with this lens on the D200 today, turns out it is actually very sharp even at wide open F4..

DSC_0179.jpg

Zoomed in full crop below:

DSC_0179fullcrop.jpg

High resolving power!

9. Tamron 500mm F8 Mirror catadioptic lens - Got a viewing coming up

tamron_sp_500_f8.jpg

Lens in good condition, comes with original hood even.

People love and hate CAT lens. Some love it for the fact that the design of the lens doesnt allow for CA, its basically like a lens with perfect ED elements places inside, the super lightweight/size for the focal length and some hate it for the donut bokeh, slower aperture.

I would leave it to keen buyers to read up on mirror lens, but in most discussion on mirror lens, nikon's surfaces as the top in terms of image quality. I dump money to get this lens immediately after a fellow photog let me take some shots with it.

Read about comparison with the canon 500f4.5L here:

http://www.bobatkins.com/photography/tutorials/mirror.html

Image taken with it:
DSC_0019.jpg

IMG_6724.jpg

Lens in good condition. Selling $400.

Letting go of some Pentax manual focus, screwmount(m42) lens. Some are super takumar, some are SMC takumar. Those who have used them would know there are gems amongst this range. In particular, the most famous is 135F3.5, small little lens but pin sharp wide open. Fantastic resolution. Even the 1Ds mark2 16MP sensor cant out resolve it.

Who should use them? All film bodies that take m42 lens would be able to use this. With the right adaptor, all canon, nikon, olympus, sony bodies are able to use this lens, manual focus of course. (keen on adaptors can PM me to find out more. Note that normal adaptors sold outside for m42 to nikon are basically useless ad they dont allow you to focus to infinity, i have the proper kind of adaptors)

These M42 lens can be used directly on old film bodies or via adaptor on all modern nikon, canon, olypmus, sony KM, pentax DSLR.

For those buying the lens before, i can sell you brand new adaptors cheaply as well.

M42 to EOS - $25

M42 to Nikon with good japan glass(has coating) for focus to infinity - $40

M42 to KM/Sony bodies - $30

1. Super Takumar 35mm F3.5

PS06010800469.jpg

Small, budget prime lens with good image quality. Shots are are sharp. Many good reviews on both this and the 28F3.5 above. Just google to read up.

Image taken with this lens:
IMG_9879.jpg

IMG_9878.jpg

Lens in good condition. Letting go at only $120.

2. SMC Takumar 50mm F1.4

SMCTakumar50f14.jpg

Image of lens above taken online just for illustration, the set selling here is in MINT condition.

This version is with the beautiful SMC coating. This is one small little performer, able to be fitted easily into anyone's pocket. It gives good sharpness and nice defocus. Both for portrait and low light shooting, this lens gives very good results. Another really good use for this lens is for macro, since without any attachment it can already focus down to about 30cm. I have tried reverse mounting it, using closeup filters and extension tubes, the macros taken with such setup proved to be amazing and gave many keeper shots, however not posted here to prevent the wrong impression i am selling a macro lens.

Some online discussions about it:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/forum/topic/694745

Random images taken with this lens:

IMG_4768.jpg

IMG_4784.jpg

IMG_4787.jpg

Mint condition lens with very good coating. Selling only $250. Sure worth the money.

3. Super Takumar 55mm F1.8

PS06010800140.jpg

Small and budget lens, yet with good performance. Compare to the canon 50f1.8 mark2, it definitely gives a better bokeh as that uses a 5 blade aperture only. in terms of image and built, this is sure more value for money provided AF is not crucial.

IMG_8039.jpg

Lens in very good condition. Selling cheaply at only $120.

4. Super Takumar 105mm F2.8

2388139659_188aef4daa.jpg

2407924851_509232d364.jpg

Hood and case not included for this lens. Lens in totally MINT condition, better than the one shown above.

For sale is a rare super takumar 105f2.8 in MINT condition. Like the others it uses a 49mm filter, thus is really small and light. But still a beautiful performer. Fantastic for portraits.

Discussions about this little gem:

http://photo.net/pentax-camera-forum/00Bq7t

" It is a very good lens for portraiture. I broke mine (Super-Tak) beyond repair but have very fond memories of it. "

" This is an excellent lens that I have used off and on for portraits for about 30 years - starting when I took a portrait class in the Army! Also it is light and handy."

" I use a 105/2.8 Super Takumar occasionally and it is an excellent portrait lens, comparable with the Canon 100/2.8 that I have but smaller and lighter. There was also an M42 SMC multicoated version too which might cope with flare better for a backlit portrait but the Super Takumar is fine with a lens hood on it. "

" The Takumars are the best screw-mount lenses ever made. The rest are no comparison but Chinon, Fujinon, Rikenon and Yashinon are not bad "

Galleries online:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kuuan/sets/72157604973101206/

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/japenese/takumar/super_takumar_105mm_f2_8/

Images taken with this lens:

IMG_8698.jpg

can see the thin depth of field and sharpness where in focus with this lens.

Mint condition lens for sale at only $250.

5. Super Takumar 135mm F3.5 SMC (SUPER Multi COATed)

PS06010800059.jpg

One of the best known pentax lens. all who used pentax system before will know. This is one super sharp lens. Dont take my word for it, google online to find out more and come try it yourself as well.

"To combat the undesirable consequences of partial reflection, scientists developed chemical coatings to be applied to glass surfaces. These coatings increase r, and in the case of Pentax's famous Super Multi-Coating (SMC), r = 0.998! Performing the above calculation for a lens with 10 groups, we get L = 0.96, or only 4% light loss.

SMC was patented and first applied in 1971, when Pentax was still making screw mount equipment. To highlight the fact that the lens elements were super multi-coated, Pentax renamed their lens lines from Takumar and Super-Takumar to Super-Multi-Coated Takumar and later on to SMC Takumar."

"In reference 06671, Pentax claims that SMC is "a remarkable seven-layer lens coating process that cuts the reflection ratio down to just 0.2% per lens surface. The result is a dramatic improvement in both color fidelity and brightness and the elimination of flare and ghost images."

In the meantime, all optics manufacturers have developed some form of surface coating, and each claims "superior performance." In practice, most tests point that Pentax's SMC is still the best of all mainstream solutions."

Quote from material online to show how fantastic this is, together with the superior lens design giving the extremely sharp wide open performance.

IMG_7389.jpg

Letting go cheaply at only $280. non SMC version available for $230.

6. Super Takumar 150mm F4

Looks almost identical to the 135f3.5 in terms of built and optics design, this lens is equally sharp as the former. Most of the time with me, its used on a 5D body. The lens is so sharp you can zoom in fully on the 5D images and its still pin sharp. No kidding..

DSC3890.jpg

Letting go at $250. Mint condition.

If keen pls call 91120589 i do not have internet access all the time.

If you want to view and not confirm buying, pls make arrangement, come to my place at my convenience.

Have been selling away quite a bit of my collection already. Buy with confidence.

Those who sms me using foreign number will not get replies. Either email or pm if you dont have a +65 (singapore number)

Contact Number: 91120589

Condition of Item (as per guidelines): 8
Warranty Status: test on the spot

Apart from the 55f1.8 and 35f3.5 for the pentax m42 mounts

the rest for the same price stated there, i will throw in brand new m42 to nikon adaptor with good quality made in japan glass that allows focus to infinity. Cos of it outside is about 80-100 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.