WTSell: Lens - Nikon 300mm f2.8 AF-S II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jed

Jan 19, 2002
UK
Visit site
Advertisement Category: Want To Sell (WTS)

Equipment Type: Lens
Equipment Brand: Nikon
Equipment Model: 300mm f2.8 AF-S II
Price (S$): S$4500 ono
Description:
This is the second version of the lens, which is lighter than the original AF-S version.

I got this lens two years ago when the company I worked for went into liquidation. I believe it was then about a year old so is about three years old now. During the two years that I have had it it has seen hardly any use with only the odd trip where it was used by my ex-girlfriend. All the wear/damage to the lens comes from its prior ownership, but I can attest that, aside from the flaws mentioned below, the lens is in excellent condition.

[1] There is a small scratch on the front (optically flat) element. This is slightly thicker than a hair's breadth and about 5mm long. I have included an image.

[2] The screw used to fix the lens hood is gone, as is fairly common with long telephoto hoods.

I have rated the condition of the lens as an 8, which is what it is aside from the two problems highlighted above. There is some brassing around the tripod foot and the lug straps, but aside from that the lens is in very good condition.

If you are worried about the longevity of the lens then don't... these superteles are built like tanks, and I have used my 400 week in week out for the last 7 years and it's more or less bomb proof. This lens has seen frequent use for 12 months and then negligible use for the 24 months after, so there is a lot more life left in it.

The scratch has honestly very little to no impact on image quality. I certainly haven't noticed any problems with it on the few occasions that I have used it. I have included a small full frame image shot at f3.2 as well as a 100% crop below. Lotta is my ex-girlfriend.

If you wish total peace of mind then I have been quoted about $700 to fix both the problems mentioned above (new front element, new screw). It might well be cheaper to have that work done in Singapore. Alternatively you can ignore the scratch and use gaffer tape for the hood, which costs nothing.

I am willing to listen to offers in the region of the S$4500 asking price.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask and I will try my best to reply.

If you've got this far... thanks so much for looking.

300mm1.jpg

300mm2.jpg

300mm3.jpg

mandff.jpg

mandcrop.jpg

Contact Number: 835eight4532

Condition of Item (as per guidelines): 8
Warranty Status: None

Package/Accessories/Extras:
Lens, hood, rear plastic cap, front cloth cap, lens strap.

I have received one offer from someone of S$4000. I'll mull over it for a while, if there are any better offers please leave them in increments of at least S$50.

Lens has been sold; thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.