WTSell: Lens - Canon Lens Sales (Letting go of many fantastic zeiss/pentax/leica R lens) with adaptor for canon (optional)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XC Pictorial

Apr 29, 2006
www.lens.sg
Advertisement Category: Want To Sell (WTS)

Equipment Type: Lens
Equipment Brand: Canon
Equipment Model: Lens Sales (Letting go of many fantastic zeiss/pentax/leica R lens) with adaptor for canon (optional)
Price (S$): stated below
Description:
Putting up a good portion of my Zeiss collection of lens for sale. This are all fantastic lens that should be in the hands of photographers who can appreciate them. Selling in order to clear stuff and make space as all my dry cabs are full.

These lens can be used on contax body, or via adaptors onto olympus/canon bodies. I usually use with adaptor on my 5D, 40D and 1D. The lens below DO NOT come with adaptors but if buyers are keen i can help them get good deals for adaptors.

ADAPTOR TO CANON BODY NOT INCLUDED IN PRICE STATED. HOWEVER I CAN GET THEM FOR YOU CHEAPLY, PM TO FIND OUT.

2 Best contax zoom lens in CY mount, the 35-70 and the 28-85 both are fantastic performers in their own field. The 28-85 gives a larger range with 28mm at the wide end while the 37-70 is smaller, constant aperture and has a fantastic macro mode at 35mm. Both perform extremely well, beautiful micro contrast, bokeh and sharp wide open, to the extent primes may lose out to them in quality.

Read online discussions here.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/525971/0?keyword=contax,35-70

http://www.photographyreview.com/cat/lenses/35mm-zoom/contax/PRD_83448_3128crx.aspx

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=362998

http://www.prophotohome.com/forum/digital-slr-equipment-testing/48658-contax-m-m-28-85-3-3-4-t.html

Alot more, just google.

i can assure that the quality of L lens pale in comparison to these..

3. Carl Zeiss T* Vario-Sonnar 3,3-4.0 / 28-85 Made in Japan

Product_84513.jpg

Only thing about this lens is that its rather big, with the front taking 82mm filters, but of cos, the build is really solid and respectable.

gives a very nice range from wide at 28mm to tele at 85mm. Comes with original front contax 82mm cap and original screw on hood.

Some online reviews on it:

"Summary
The best zoom ever made? lots of us think so. Consider the primes lenses this zoom would replace in your camera bag: 28 f/2.8, 35 f/2.8, 45 f/28, 50 f/1.7 and the 85 f/2.8. The amazing part is, its nearly impossible todistinguish between images made by this zoom and the afore mentioned primes. With enough enlargement, the primes eventually win the day, but not by much. The lens is a chunk, and carrying it around on an RTSIII with a full load of AA batteries is no joy. The front element rotates during focus, its some what quirky in that the zoom is fully extended at 28mm and fully retracted at 85mm. I'm not a fan of zoom lenses, I think they turn people into lazy tourist photographers (no offense meant to the lazy tourist photographers out there) Fixed focal lengths make you move around alot more and you spend more time composing your shot. I make the exception with this lens because the image quality is stunning.

Strengths
quite capable of kicking major booty on other manufactures prime lenses everday of the week and twice on Sunday with one of its T* coated lenses tied behind its back.

Weaknesses
yeah its heavy, the front element rotates, it requires a huge thin polarizer. What would Arnie think if he heard you whining like that? don't be a girly man (or woman) "

" Summary
This lens is the real deal! I have five Contax prime lenses and and am extremely happy with all of them. Decided that I neede a zoom in this range and took the financial plunge and bought a new one (searched for several months and could not find a used one anywhere, and now I know why).
This lens is extremely well made and tack sharp at all ranges. I'm not going to make comparisons, but if you are just getting into the manual Contax line, let this be your primary lens in the 28-85 range. I will keep my primes that fall in this range, but this zoom stays on one of my bodies ALL the time. Get the Contax lens hood and a thin filter, either Heliopan or B&W. The Contax filter is not made by the Contax company and are not up to par with the companies previously mentioned.

Strengths
SHARP at all focal points. Excellent build quality."

" Summary
This has to be the best zoom lens made. It even auto-focuses with the Contax AX, what more can I ask?"

http://photosig.photographyreview.com/mfr/contax/35mm-zoom/PRD_84513_3128crx.aspx

Hardly any complain about the lens except for the size and large front.

Shots taken with this lens:

IMG_0672.jpg

Lens in mint condition. Priced at only $700.

4. Yashica 50F2 ML

Very nice sharp lens. Build wise very similar to the carl ziess ones.

Size wise reasonably small and compact as well. It definitely renders much better image quality than the canon 50F1.8 mark2 (which though cheap, the 5 blades aperture provides very ugly bokeh).

Google online to see more good reviews on this lens.

Shots with this lens:

IMG_1140.jpg

Lens in mint condition, glass totally clean. Letting go for only $150.

Leica lens. Definitely the best money can buy in the market. Rarely will you find these good lens for sale here in CS, not to mention a full range available here. The Leica Rs here are the best manual lens i have tried, they combine the best of sharpness wide open, excellent micro contrast (with the images popping up at your face) and colours (leicas are reputed for that), not to mention the built of the lenses. Please note as well the prices stated are the best i can let go for. I am hestitant to let go of these good lens for sure and in no hurry to sell, thus hopefully really appreciative buyers come along.

1. Leitz Wetzlar Elmarit - R 28mm F2.8

LR06009000153.jpg

The BEST 28mm lens there is, along side with the nikon AIS 28mm F2.8, all the rest pales in comparison. I dare to make this statement as i have used at least 20 other 28mm lens before. Fantastic condition as well. Just take a simple shot anywhere and you will see subject practically jumping up at you. Built wise also best among the usual canon, nikon, olympus... the only lens will comparable built is the made in Germany Zeiss.

Image taken with this lens:
IMG_1424.jpg

Lens in mint condition. Glass totally clean. Letting go at only $900.

2. Leitz Wetzlar Elmarit - R 35mm F2.8

Similar to the 28mm, very sharp wide open, great micro contrast and fantastic colours. I have done comparisons with similar focal length and pixel peep.. the colours produced from the leicas are totally different. Not only on film, even in better dslr, a difference can be seen. 35mm is also good on cropped bodies as a "normal" lens. I have this lens mounted on my 1D and 40D very often.

IMG_9637.jpg

Lens in mint condition. Glass totally clean. Letting go at only $750.

3. Leitz Wetzlar Summicron - R 50mm F2

Despite being an F2 lens compared to the F1.8 and F1.4 offered by other brands, this lens performs exceptionally well at F2 wide open. As shown below, it trives well in low light condition and give very 3D-ish images. Great for using as a normal lens on a FF body and a portrait lens ( the wedding studio shot below was taken using the 50F2 wide open using only the modelling light of our strobes at wide open F2 on a cropped 40D body ). If you are looking for just one good 50mm in your prime collection, this has to be it.

IMG_8679.jpg

IMG_0636.jpg

Lens in good condition. Letting go at only $600.

4. Leitz Wetzlar Elmarit - R 90mm F2.8

Good performance like the 90f2, but 1 stop slower of course. Still, its a leica. image quality and built still way more advance than similar focal length lenses available. Images produced with this lens tends to be high in contrast as well, not forgetting to mention, its sharp wide open and gives the 3D effect in images. Lens has in built retractable hood, reducing the trouble of carrying an extra one and works well to prevent flares etc.

IMG_7000.jpg

5. Leitz Wetzlar Summicron - R 90mm F2

On of the best portrait lens in this range. My experience is that its slightly better than the nikon 85f1.4 and zeiss 85f1.4 and comparable to the 85f1.2L stopped down. Bokeh is also fantastic on this lens, which is rather heavy for its size and really built like a tank. no need more introduction, just search online to read more on it.Lens has in built retractable hood, reducing the trouble of carrying an extra one and works well to prevent flares etc.

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

Lens in mint condition. Glass totally clean. Letting go at only $1200.

6. Leitz Wetzlar Elmarit - R 135mm F2.8

Another good lens from leica, the only other contender in this range is the 135F2L, which is larger is size but not as well built. Bokeh is beautiful, making it fabulous both half and full body shots. Lens has in built retractable hood, reducing the trouble of carrying an extra one and works well to prevent flares etc.

GJ5A2510.jpg

7. Leitz Wetzlar Elmar - R 180mm F4

Take one shot wide open and in focus with this lens, you will know its a gem. The colours, micro contrast, 3D feel of the lens are all amazing. Of course the leica 180f2.8 would be better, but that would easily cost 3 times the price, and be much heavier/bulky. This lens is only slightly longer than the 135, ideal for carrying around with. Lens has in built retractable hood, reducing the trouble of carrying an extra one and works well to prevent flares etc.

GJ5A2449.jpg

Lens in mint condition. Glass totally clean. Letting go at only $850.

Letting go of some Pentax manual focus, screwmount(m42) lens. Some are super takumar, some are SMC takumar. Those who have used them would know there are gems amongst this range. In particular, the most famous is 135F3.5, small little lens but pin sharp wide open. Fantastic resolution. Even the 1Ds mark2 16MP sensor cant out resolve it.

Who should use them? All film bodies that take m42 lens would be able to use this. With the right adaptor, all canon, nikon, olympus, sony bodies are able to use this lens, manual focus of course. (keen on adaptors can PM me to find out more. Note that normal adaptors sold outside for m42 to nikon are basically useless ad they dont allow you to focus to infinity, i have the proper kind of adaptors)

3. Super Takumar 35mm F3.5

PS06010800469.jpg

Small, budget prime lens with good image quality. Shots are are sharp. Many good reviews on both this and the 28F3.5 above. Just google to read up.

IMG_9879.jpg

IMG_9878.jpg

Lens in mint condition. Letting go at only $160.

7. Super Takumar 135mm F3.5

PS06010800059.jpg

One of the best known pentax lens. all who used pentax system before will know. This is one super sharp lens. Dont take my word for it, google online to find out more and come try it yourself as well.

IMG_7389.jpg

Letting go cheaply at only $250.

8. Super Takumar 150mm F4

Looks almost identical to the 135f3.5 in terms of built and optics design, this lens is equally sharp as the former. Most of the time with me, its used on a 5D body. The lens is so sharp you can zoom in fully on the 5D images and its still pin sharp. No kidding..

DSC3890.jpg

Letting go at $270. Mint condition.

Selling afew Tamron adaptall lens here.

For those who dont know, you can google to find out more. These lens require adaptors to be mounted onto the bodies, thus you can mount the same lens to a few different bodies. There are many adaptors allowing to convert mount to m42, cY. leica R, Nikon AIS, OM, KM, FD and alot more...

NOTE THAT LENS BELOW DO NOT INCLUDE ADAPTORS.

1. Adaptor for sale - adaptall to CY mount (slightly used condition) $40

2. Adaptor for sale - adaptall to M42 mount (Brand New with box) $50

3. Adaptor for sale - adaptall to Nikon AIS mount (slightly used condition) $50

4. Tamron 28mm F2.5

One of the best in the tamron adaptall series, this lens is pin sharp wide open at F2.5 mounted on a full frame body such as D3 or 5D, this lens is good as a general wide angle, taking anything from group shots to portraits to events, scenery etc. Image quality definitely beats nikon or canon's 28F2.8 Af lens hands down. The generous allowance to turn the focus ring makes manual focus a breeze, esp with a large viewfinder.

Shot taken with this lens:
IMG_0266.jpg

Lens in good condition. Glass is totally clean. Letting go at only $250.

5. Tamron 28mm F2.8

The former version of the 28f2.5 above, this lens uses similar design and perform equally well. Great for anyone looking for a small and light walk about fast prime. This lens is much smaller and thinner than nikon and canon's AF versions for sure, easily fitting into anyone's pocket.

IMG_9446.jpg

Lens in good condition. Glass is totally clean. Letting go at only $220.

6. Tamron 70-210 F3.8 - 4 CF Macro

TL07999015091.jpg

Compact telephone zoom lens, good for travelling around with. It ultilises the old pull push for zoom and turn for focusing. Overall good condition except one of the elements has some stain, not very visible unless look from certain angle. Doesnt seem to affect image taken with it as well. Can be cleaned off by sending to any of those camera shop in penisula area. Letting go cheap at only $80.

IMG_8905.jpg

7. Tamron 80-200 F3.8 - 4 CF Macro

TL07009041634.jpg

Another compact telephoto zoom great for travelling. Pull push design as well. Similar to the 70-210 above, it is designated a macro lens and focuses rather closely. There are even markings on the lens to show the magnifaction. Lens hood is also built in, omitting the need to carry an extra one around.

IMG_4856.jpg

Some signs of usage on lens, otherwise working perfectly. Selling cheaply at only $180.

8. Tamron 500mm F8 Mirror catadioptic lens

tamron_sp_500_f8.jpg

Lens in good condition, comes with original hood even.

People love and hate CAT lens. Some love it for the fact that the design of the lens doesnt allow for CA, its basically like a lens with perfect ED elements places inside, the super lightweight/size for the focal length and some hate it for the donut bokeh, slower aperture.

I would leave it to keen buyers to read up on mirror lens, but in most discussion on mirror lens, nikon's surfaces as the top in terms of image quality. I dump money to get this lens immediately after a fellow photog let me take some shots with it.

Read about comparison with the canon 500f4.5L here:

http://www.bobatkins.com/photography/tutorials/mirror.html

Image taken with it:
IMG_6724.jpg

Lens in good condition. Selling $450.

Only reason for selling... i am laying my hands on an extremely rather 500f5 mirror nikkor lens and that baby wont be for sale soon.

If keen pls call 91120589 i do not have internet access all the time.

If you want to view and not confirm buying, pls make arrangement, come to my place at my convenience.

Have been selling away quite a bit of my collection already. Buy with confidence.

Contact Number: 91120589

Condition of Item (as per guidelines): 9
Warranty Status: test on the spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.