WTSell: Lens - Canon Canon 35-350mm f/3.5-5.6 L USM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeti21

Aug 22, 2006
Advertisement Category: Want To Sell (WTS)

Equipment Type: Lens
Equipment Brand: Canon
Equipment Model: Canon 35-350mm f/3.5-5.6 L USM
Price (S$): bids from $1350, BNP $1700
Description:
Hi everyone,

I am offering for sale my Canon EF 35-350mm f/3.5-5.6 L USM lens. The lens is almost in mint condition, while the lens hood has minor rub marks from being taken in/out of the camera bag. I am the original owner; I bought it new in late 2006.

I have set the bidding start price and the BNP at a very reasonable level. I intend to close bidding on Tuesday 9th Sept at 2359hrs. Pls PM or text me your bids.

Included in the sale are the box, lens case, front & rear caps, an original Canon 72mm UV filter and the EW78 lens hood. The lens code is UR (made in 2003), making it amongst the latest batches produced before the successor 28-300mm L IS was introduced.

Being a 10x zoom, there will be some optical compromises, but I have always been pleased with the optical quality from this lens. I saw none of the softness some reviews have associated with this lens. As with any superzoom, you need to know how to manage the lens, keeping an eye on shutter speeds and knowing the best aperture is f/8-11. Further, this lens is smaller and significantly lighter than its successor the 28-300 L IS. I bought it in preference to its successor because I found it significantly easier to handle.

The AF accuracy and speed are excellent. The zooming mechanism is reliable, smooth, and the lens construction is rock-solid. The focal range makes this an extremely versatile lens, e.g. you can photograph the person next to you then the next moment zoom up to a distant object. This would be fantastic all-in-one lens for a full-frame or an APS-H camera, and a telezoom for an APS-C (56-560mm equiv).

This lens is a joy to use. I'm very reluctantly selling it (along with my EOS 1V HS in my other post) because I am settling down and won't be using my gear as much as I previously did.

I have not been able to upload pics of the lens onto this post, so pls PM me with your email address and I will email some pics across.

Contact Number: 98894719

Condition of Item (as per guidelines): 10
Warranty Status: none

1 bid received for the lens;

$1400 from d*****eo

2 bids received;

$1400 from d*****eo
$1450 from p*****gm

Up for a very capable lens!!!

Bid ending tomorrow 2359hrs

Up for a very capable all-in-one lens!!!

Current highest bid is $1450 from p*****gm

Bid ending tomorrow 2359hrs...

Current highest bid as of 7:45pm

$1450 from p*****gm

Bid ending at 2359hrs...

Lens sold to a nice gentleman. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.