WTSell: DSLR - Nikon D90 - Come in and have a look! Lenses Also available!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rescend

Jun 25, 2009
Advertisement Category: Want To Sell (WTS)

Equipment Type: DSLR
Equipment Brand: Nikon
Equipment Model: D90 - Come in and have a look! Lenses Also available!
Price (S$): Take a look Below!
Description:
Yes! The Legendary D90 is up for grabs!

Still thinking whether you should buy? Here are 5 reasons:

1. The Sensor of the D90 (It's very Heart!!!) is ranked No.15 in DXO Mark's List. (http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/eng/DxOMark-Sensor/Camera-rankings) The High Dynamic Range is a plus point for taking wonderful looking photos. And check it out, no other cameras come close
2. Although it doesn't manage noise as well as Full-Frame Cameras there isn't any other in it's class that can beat it! The 50D doesn't come even close! (When I use it, I keep it on ISO-Auto @ from 200-1600!)
3. It has an epic D-Movie function. Wanna create Cinema-ish movies? Get a nice lens with low aperture and stick it in and use DOF to make it happen!
4. I take good care of my stuff =X
5. Its simply a good deal!

Why do I say No.5? Because the Nikon D90 body is going only for $1300 with the following included:

- Battery
- Original Sandisk 4GB Extreme II (15mb/s) SD Card
- Possibly the best 3rd Party Battery Grip by Phottix
- The AA Battery Compartment that came with the Battery Grip
- The Wonderful Golden Box with all the stuff intact

Is there anything else you should know? Of course! 2nd hand stuff aren't perfect.

- It doesn't have any noticeable nicks or scratches on it (or the battery grip either for that matter)
- the bigger LCD screen has some marks that doesn't affect the quality of the screen at all.
- If you check out the Shutter Count from the EXIF, it's running at 20K now. However, I shoot RAW+JPEG so its only at 10k. (The D90 for some weird reason records the RAW and JPEG as seperate exposures, thus doubling the exposure count)

I know I know, a lot of questions are going to pop out. I'll list the common ones.

"Is the price negotiable?"
Of course it is! But don't be kuku and offer me prices like $800 or $900 lah. Try to help me out lah, dun go below $1250 can?

"Wah Shutter count so high! 10K still a lot leh!"
First thing is. I'm not someone who buys a camera to leave in a dry cabinet to rot. I bought one to USE. This also attests to the capabilities of this camera: Would you use a camera that sucks? It took me more than a year to hit 10K. What about you? Remember, D90 Shutter Life is rated at 100,000 and we have heard of stories of D70/D200s hitting 200k without failing once.

"Eh here got this scratch, there got this mark, can bring down $10 dollars for each one?"
Come on my friend. If you go to a handphone shop to sell your phone would you like it if the guy buying the phone from you said the same thing? Like I said, when you use stuff, there is definately some form of wear involved. (Here a bit of the paint come out, there got one scratch, minus $50) If you are really really really Yim chim, then go get a new one lo.

"Why would I want to buy 2nd hand? Why are you selling?"
A lot of people have the logic that If I paid a little more I can get brand new. True, but that logic will keep scaling. If you pay a little more, I can get a D300s and for a bit more of D300s I can get a D700 and on and on and on... If you can save a couple of hundred bucks when buying a second hand, you can use the money to get yourself a decent flash or lens.

I am selling because I am moving to video. So I will need the funds to support this more expensive hobby.

Still have questions? Contact me at 82-001-007. Feel free to call or SMS if you are shy =) PLEASE don't PM me in Clubsnap.

If you want we can meet up at Sengkang to do the deal and talk it over a drink while you can try it out and decide.

Condition of Item (as per guidelines): 8
Warranty Status: Expired

Package/Accessories/Extras:
I have a Sigma 30mm F/1.4 (Calibrated to my D90) up for sale at $530 (neg). If you pick it up with the D90, I will knock off $10 dollars. I'm selling it so cheap because some of the paint has come out (Common Sigma Problem) but this is a sharp copy so the optics are still top notch. Comes with a Hoya 62mm UV-Guard. Its perfect for most people because its actually 45mm (The Sweet Spot is 50mm) and has low aperture so you can shoot in the dark hand held! This, combined with a D90 at ISO 1600, you can shoot pretty decent stuff at night!

I also have a Nikon Nikkor 85mm F/1.8 AF-D. Its perfect for taking portraits and is sharp. I'm letting it go for $510 also because some of the paint on the description got rubbed off when I put my D90 (with the 30mm mounted then) and the 85mm together in my bag accidently. If you buy it with my D90 then its $10 bucks off.

Additional Comments:
So what if you get the entire set? Thats the best. Its simple. $2.2k. I will let you do the maths on how much u save.

If you have a Canon 7D and wanna trade your body for the entire set Plus $200 top up, let me know. We can work something out.

the 30mm and 85mm has been reserved!! wow!!

Since the replies so fast the body price has also dropped to $1.25k!! grab it fast!!!

Price has been further revised to $1200!

Remember you get all this at this price!

- 1x Battery (Nikon Original, forgot to mention that)
- Original Sandisk 4GB Extreme II (15mb/s) SD Card
- Possibly the best 3rd Party Battery Grip by Phottix
- The AA Battery Compartment that came with the Battery Grip
- The Wonderful Golden Box with all the stuff inside intact

Not forgetting to mention you will get the performance you need from a D90. Not sure? Read the 5 reasons I wrote on top!

Status
Not open for further replies.