WTSell: DSLR - Nikon D80 + 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G AF-S + 28mm f/2.8 AF-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

nanotech

Mar 15, 2007
.sg
Advertisement Category: Want To Sell (WTS)

Equipment Type: DSLR
Equipment Brand: Nikon
Equipment Model: D80 + 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G AF-S + 28mm f/2.8 AF-D
Price (S$): 600
Description:
Looking for a quick sale of a D80 body and 18-135mm kit lens purchased in ~November 2006, and a 28mm Nikkor that is somewhat older. I know, I know - this kit is showing its age... hope I've priced it reasonably.

The D80 body is sporting some minor wear and tear from regular use back in the day, but nothing beyond some polished edges. Shutter count at ~14.5k. Back and top LCDs are virtually unscathed, though the LCD protector has the usual user marks. Pristine Internals/sensor. I paid for a viewfinder replacement a couple of years back and have only used the camera very sparingly since, so it's bright and clear as it should be. I hardly use built-in flashes so this guy has years to burn. Grip's not sticky at all (I know this is a problem with 'ergonomic' SLRs with rubbery grips sometimes - but not so here). Buttons and dials all function as they should.

The 18-135mm is in excellent condition with no perceptible flaws whatsoever and has had a UV filter on since it left the store . It's remarkable how well-preserved this lens is, really, but I guess I haven't used it all that much. It's not an ~amazing~ lens but you'll appreciate its versatility.

The 28mm is has optics that I'd rate about 8-9/10 and extremely minor scuffs on its plastic exterior. Comes with its own HN-2 hood (which is frankly looking a little worse for wear, but I can tell you it's not all that useful anyway). Has a Hoya Excel 1B filter attached. Not the smoothest to focus manually and defo not the silkiest/quietest AF, but it's a good, neutral focal length for crop sensors, and pleasingly contrasty.

These guys have been sitting in a drybox for a couple of years now, unused and unloved... but I can assure you I take good care of my toys. All I want is a good, quick deal for the both of us.

Condition of Item: 8

Package/Accessories/Extras:
The body has an original Nikon black/yellow neckstrap attached.

I'll throw in 3 batteries. 2 Nikon EN-EL3e's (one of these is pretty new and has never been used), and a 2000mAh knockoff. I'll be honest, the knockoff doesn't do so well, but well hey you're already gonna get 2 Nikon batteries. Of course I'm going to provide the MH-18 quick charger.

USB and A/V cables (I've never used them)/

Unfortunately I don't have a high capacity SD card to spare, but I'll bring an old one along so you can test the camera.

I have the manual if you want it, though you could always get a pdf.

I'll provide the kit bag it came in - it's a little beat up, but it's easier to hand over this way and you can recycle it if you want.

Additional Comments:
Reply to this thread or send me a PM if you're interested, with your mobile number if you so prefer.

I'd love to meet for you to check out the goods but it's gotta be somewhere in the East (Kembangan/Siglap/Eunos area) or otherwise somewhere in town. MRT stations would be ideal.

Cash upon collection, please.

bump

also please reply my texts if you're going to be contacting me about this - i need this to go pretty quick. please try not to bargain with me right off the bat, you'll know this is a good deal when you inspect the merchandise.

Status
Not open for further replies.