WTSell: DSLR - Canon Please Read, important on pain of your damned WTS posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement Category: Want To Sell (WTS)

Equipment Type: DSLR
Equipment Brand: Canon
Equipment Model: Please Read, important on pain of your damned WTS posts.
Price (S$): AS much as you are selling your item.
Description:
Dear all,

Please visit this link below to a forum on Clubsnap.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1175411&p=9211483#post9211483

I had just been targeted by a scammer who claims to be a gynaecologist who is sending a lens as a gift to her husband in Nigeria. This person goes by many names, Cassandra Leong, Ann Gwan, Abdul Ibn Razak, etc. This person will ask you for your beloved on sale item, then ask to post it to Nigeria, postal code 23401 (she/he may change it) or variation, and then tell you to check on Singpost etc to send it there. After that, she will say that she banked you the money, and you will receive an email from a US bank, usually the "Urban Partnership Bank", stating that your money is "90%" there, and she will ask you to send it over. However, a search for postal code 23401 on the Web has led me to many scam complaints, there is a dedicated thread on Clubsnap about this. Below are the emails she/he sent me.

(1) Asking for a shutter count on lens? Suspicious.

Hello Isaac Ong
I am writing to know if this article is still available, if it is, please what is shutter count? What accessories do you have and what is your final price? Kindly respond as soon as you can in order for us to proceed with the deal.

My regards,
Cassandra

(2) Pregnant and not in town, hubby working as an expat? My little sis can do that kind of character act. She is a gynecologist (person who checks your baby, basically a pervert with a degree)

I am buying the items for my hubby who is working as an expatriate overseas, I would have delivered it to him myself but I work as a gynecologist and I am currently not in town, and moreover I am pregnant so I want you to help me deliver it to him via a reliable courier company like Singpost, so please respond as soon as you can in order for me to provide you with the information and address for the delivery. How will I get the money through to you? I prefer a bank transfer payment, if this is ok with you please let me know.
Regards,
Cassandra

(3) the Nigeria part really set my alarm bells ringing. Checking on this postal code 23401 in Nigeria, I saw many scams on this address.

Thanks for helping. Below is the address:
Address: 12 Ramoni Street opposite Wuraola bus/stop Lawanson road,
Surulere Lagos,
Zip code: 23401
Please go to the post office and inquire about EMS Singpost 3 to 5 business days delivery and let me know about the total cost, you can check online at www.singpost.com for inquiries.
Thank you,
Mrs Cassandra Leong

Thus, as I have shown, this is a SCAM. Please note that once you have chopped off one head, another grows. This will keep on going. It has been around for 3 years plus already, and been through various variations so PLEASE PLEASE DON'T FREAKING fall into such a trap, valued friends/fellow photographers.

This is not an advertisement, and I will work with CS authorities to ensure that this scam will get the hell out of our beloved community.

Isaac

Contact Number: NIL
Email Address: NIL

Condition of Item: 10
Warranty Status: FOREVER

Additional Comments:
Please warn your friends, fellow Clubsnappers, etc on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.