WTSell: Compact - Rollei AFM35 hi-end p&s, same as Fuji Klasse

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckr

Apr 20, 2008
Advertisement Category: Want To Sell (WTS)

Equipment Type: Compact
Equipment Brand: Rollei
Equipment Model: AFM35 hi-end p&s, same as Fuji Klasse
Price (S$): 350
Description:
hi guys,

selling my rollei afm35 p&s, a hi-end compact produced by fuji but sold in the US under the rollei name. in fact, it is exactly the same camera as the rare, limited-run classic fuji klasse, and is almost exactly the same as the latest fuji klasse s.

that includes the insanely sharp 38mm f2.6(!) fujinon lens with the Super-EBC coating (like the current Hasselblad H lenses). this camera is a direct competitor to the nikon 35ti and a contax t2, which i've both used, and i'm confident that this lens equals or betters both the ED nikkor of the 35ti and the T* Sonnar of the contax, not to mention a faster f-stop. in fact i'd say this afm35 is as sharp as the 45mm Carl Zeiss planar of my contax g2, widely knows as one of the sharpest 35mm lens ever produced. it's a great camera if you wanna move up to a better quality compact with more controls and rangefinder-quality optics.

love the camera but i'm in need of funds so i'm hoping i can find it a new home. a great price considering equivalent fuji klasse versions go for almost twice as much.

in excellent condition save for some light cosmetic scratches on the film door. glass is pristine, no scratches or fungus or anything.

here are some of the great features of this camera:

- pre-focussing! no more shutter lag from point-and-shoots! half-pressing the shutter brings the lens into focus, like all high-end p&s's should.

- aperture priority mode, from f2.6 to f16

- manual focus override, from closest focus 0.4m to infinity. i use this plus aperture priority to do hyperfocal focusing on the street.

- bulb mode for long exposures

and a ton of other great feautres i don't normally use: slim inbuilt databack, exposure bracketing, slow curtain flash sync, af illuminator for focusing at night, etc.

and here's a picture of the camera itself:

_MG_7283.jpg

and here are some samples taken with the camera. notice the excellent sharpness, constrast, and color rendition. it's so sharp even wide open at f2.6, with a beautiful shallow dof.

rolleiblog29.jpg

rolleiblog12.jpg

rolleiblog23.jpg

rolleicolortest13.jpg

if you're interested please feel free to contact me at 9812 10 12, or send me a pm here. thanks!

Contact Number: 9812 10 12

Condition of Item (as per guidelines): 9
Warranty Status: n/a

sold to a great guy, who also happens to be a scientist :)

Status
Not open for further replies.