WTSell: Accessory - Pentax Simga APO TELE CONVERTER 2x EX

Status
Not open for further replies.

notone

Nov 12, 2003
biopolis
Advertisement Category: Want To Sell (WTS)

Equipment Type: Accessory
Equipment Brand: Pentax
Equipment Model: Simga APO TELE CONVERTER 2x EX
Price (S$): 160
Description:
for sell is a Sigma 2x TELE CONVERTER for Pentax mount, it's EX APO version, not latest DG version though.
used only once @ bird park and no chance to use again since then. so sell to fund other purchase.
item is in 10/10 condition both optic and outlooking. no more warranty but personally 7 days.
comes with caps and pouch. box and papers if can find.
here is a link:
http://www.photographyreview.com/cat/lenses/35mm-converters/sigma/PRD_85032_3132crx.aspx

It worked with my sigma apo 70-300 and Ds, and I would like to remind you before offer: 1, it requires tripod at 600mm for sure, 2, further two stops down from f5.6 at least, and 3, AF is way slow to capture flying birds.
if you are going to use it with your 70-200/2.8, point 2 and 3 can be improved a lot according to online info but I donot know personally. otherwise all 3 weak points should be same to all 2x tele lens. so far I am OK to live within 300mm in 99.99% cases --- to be frank:)
self collect at Buona vista MRT, view and test before deal. price can be neg very slightly if you keen.
thanks

Condition of Item (as per guidelines): 10
Warranty Status: 7 days

Package/Accessories/Extras:
caps, pouch

not sure about new price tag but USD150+ used and 200+ new on ebay.
by the way, it does not work within all focal range---say 70-130 of 70-300mm since the telelens blocks the rear element at this range---anyway, no point to double 70mm to 140mm on a 70-300mm lens, right? it's designed for extention of tele end.

it is rec to used with sigma tele lenses, and I used with sigma tele lens only. so if yours are not sigma tele, it may not work well with, such as AF --- I donot know as I nevet tried. you can try on spot though.

Status
Not open for further replies.