WTS: Others - Canon Original Canon Remote Controller - Donation Drive for the victims

Status
Not open for further replies.

sykestang

Jan 18, 2003
studiospace
sykestang.clubsnap.org
Advertisement Category: Want To Sell (WTS)

Equipment Type: Others
Equipment Brand: Canon
Equipment Model: Original Canon Remote Controller - Donation Drive for the victims of the Tsunami Disaster
Price (S$): $20(Minimum)
Description:
Closed View:
WEB00073s.jpg

Opened View:
WEB00074s.jpg

I have got 12pcs of the above Original Canon Remote Controller for 300D/EOS50/50E/30/33. This is the left-over remotes from my previous sales of these remotes. I'm donating all sales of these remotes to the victims of the recent Tsunami Disaster. Majority of these victims are from the poorest countries in the world, and it really sadden me to see them suffers further from this unfortunate disaster. So it is only right if we can give them a small contribution to aid them to overcome this disaster.

These remotes have been sold for the bulk discounted price of $18 previously, but for the sake of the poor victims, I am selling it for $20 each now. However if you think you afford more, please contribute generously as all sales proceed of these 12pcs will go to the Singapore Red Cross Society.

For transparency, all payments for these remotes are to be made in cheques payable to the Singapore Red Cross Society. Also please indicate Tidal Waves Asia, with your Name, Address and telephone no. at the back of the cheque. I shall send it out all the consolidated cheques on your behalf together with my own donation. Note that the donations you made will still be in your name.

Interested, please indicate your name and contact no. here on this thread. I hope to see this all these 12pcs clear up before the new year and the collection point will be conducted thereafter.

If you need to clarify anything, please feel free to call me 96456423 or PM me.

Contact Number: 96456423

Condition of Item (as per guidelines): New
Warranty Status: 3mth 1-1 exchange

upzzzz.... for tang for his efforts!

just to ans some potential questions:

(a) yes, this works for EOS 300D DSLR,
(b) no, it does not work for EOS 10D, becos its a different remote controller,
(c) yes, the battery can be replaced, becos it uses a normal watch battery. to replace is a simple matter of unscrewing the controller.
(d) no, it does not allow instant shutter release,
(e) yes, there's a silight count-down delay from the moment u press the remote and the cam shutter firing,
(f) no, there's no way to disable this delay (which is not a bad thing actually, as it allows time for u to get ready)
(g) yes, it can work on bulb mode on ur cam. just set ur shutter speed to B, and the cam's shutter will stay open as long as u keep ur finger pressing on the remote button. it will close the moment u release ur hold of the button.
(h) no, u have to be facing the cam's IR receiver when using the remote,
(i) yes, dat means this remote works LOS (line of sight). as long as u're anywhere in front of the camera facing the IR receiver, the remote will work.
(j) no, this is not a third party product, and lastly,
(k) yes, this is a canon product. :)

these were answers to some of the more common questions asked during the previous MO, when i helped sykestang to test the remote.

upzzzz... for sykestang!

I'm 16 and don't have a cheque book, how?

upz for the remote... I got it from sykestang... I'm very happy with it... easy to use and compact... :thumbsup:

Upz for skykestang's efforts.

I got it with my 300D, much as I rarely use it now (my tripod broke! So, no scenery shots for the time being), but it has definitely helped me in some of my night scene shots in Singapore.

The best part abt the remote is that there are no wires around it, u wun accidentally jerk ur hand and due to the short length wire, and send tripod and all, crashing to the ground. :)

Dun ever doubt skyestang for deals like dis. Lotsa ppl can vouch for him. :D

uppzzzzz.... for tang too! i had this b4 i sold off my 300D. works as advertised. shame can't work on my 10D tho.

Funny... nobody need a 300D remotes nowadays? I thought there is a lot of 300D users recently after the launch of the black version and also with the current promotion with 1gb CF... :(

This is for charity... upz for myself and also for the good cause of this charity drive. Come'on 300D users... you definitely need one of these remotes, I'll organise a 300D night shoot that will definitely requires long exposure after this charity drive so that the new users can have a chance to use the remote... sounds good? ;p

1. n0d3 $20 (Eugene Khoo, 98383982)

2. Ordinaryless $20 (Guorong, 98416553)
3. Vulpix0r $20 (Koo Yee Hui, 97441284)

4. drac $20 (Heng Loong, 96649674)

4. drac $20 (Heng Loong, 96649674)
5. Locksley (Ryan Lai, 94769854)

sykestang said:
Funny... nobody need a 300D remotes nowadays? I thought there is a lot of 300D users recently after the launch of the black version and also with the current promotion with 1gb CF... :(

This is for charity... upz for myself and also for the good cause of this charity drive. Come'on 300D users... you definitely need one of these remotes, I'll organise a 300D night shoot that will definitely requires long exposure after this charity drive so that the new users can have a chance to use the remote... sounds good? ;p
Let us noe ok? ;)

But me no tripod for now till I can get my hands on a better tripod... *sob sob* :(

Status
Not open for further replies.