WTH is in the Indian rojak?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a rumour about a poisoned rat falling into the sauce pot.... :dunno:

i once recently saw a cat peeing onto sugar cane at a stall.

last time people complaint sugar cane resting on floor very dirty, so they put them up on a rise platform. but that only stop dirty water from soaking the sugar cane.

Fact of the matter is that rats can be found in ANY hawker centre.

Then again, rats can be found anywhere. Even in Orchard.

I once saw a rat vs cockroach at IRAS, Novena around 9pm.

i understand that there cant be 0 rat at hawker centre / wet market.

but what is the number consider to be safe? is the any figures release by the authority? how often are the stalls check.

though some will say, "pls dont over-react, this is a 1 off incident."

but i say "wait till the one die as the result is one of ur family member, than remember ur comment."

wah, like that still can have grade ABC stalls there ah?:bigeyes::angry:

Someone or someones slipped up major big time.

Chances are those were the previous (in the old center) gradings, and chances are the move to the temp facilities was so mah fan and troublesome, it might have not been possible to re-grade.

There are may variables involved, and I don't blame the hawkers fully because as it is, running a food business in crammed quarters is very physically and mentally draining, so when they moved to the temp facilities, I'm sure it was a lot more difficult for them to operate as per normal, and all these may contribute to lapses in whatever standards and practices they previously had.

Having said that, there are some hawkers who are asking for it because they insist on continually flaunting laws (borderline or flagrantly) and requirements except when it comes to inspection time.

i understand that there cant be 0 rat at hawker centre / wet market.

but what is the number consider to be safe? is the any figures release by the authority? how often are the stalls check.

though some will say, "pls dont over-react, this is a 1 off incident."

but i say "wait till the one die as the result is one of ur family member, than remember ur comment."

This kind of thing, if they had to make a public statement, they will be forced to say zero tolerance mah, but in real life, we all know that's impossible, but at the same time, they can't publically name a figure also.

SG system kinda like reminds me of ... err ... how one major camera manufacturer's design team works. Remember that one? :sweat:

My take is: The things that can be done, has been done.

I personally don't feel the need to revamp the whole A, B, C rating.
I've seen hawkers with a "C" grade being very particular with hygiene.
After all, it is their livelihood, during this bad times, taking it away from them is unfair.
And who's to say this is not happening in restaurants either?

While more can be done by the authorities, I believe NEA has and is doing their best.
They've issued summons and notices during spot checks and reprimanded many who do not uphold the standard.

Ultimately, it's all on the education and the willingness of the people to maintain it.
One can be totally hygienic and clean for 364 days, but it only takes one day, one mistake to lose a life.

i once recently saw a cat peeing onto sugar cane at a stall.

last time people complaint sugar cane resting on floor very dirty, so they put them up on a rise platform. but that only stop dirty water from soaking the sugar cane.

you haven't tell how to prevent this.

i know got miscarriage but dead????? got link??? holy crap, serious sia....no wondered MP came out and talked liao...

2 people had died, not including the miscarriage. Thought this shd be quite a big news... :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.