Singapore
Classifieds Type: WTBuy

Equipment Type: Mirrorless

Brand: Olympus

Short Description: Olympus Camera Bodies - HURRY

Price (S$): Good price

Condition of Item(s): 8

Detailed Description:
Hi, keen to buy some classic Olympus bodies as they are likely to be classic.
At CS, I forecasted the "sale" of this camera division in July 2019
Todays announcement here https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/business/photo-finish-end-of-an-era-as-olympus-sells-camera-division-12866326

ANy condition above 8, and preferably full box :

EM5 mk 1 : $25
EM1 mk 1 : $40
EM1x : $300-$600

Lens :
7-14mm f2.8 : $200
12-40mm f2.8 : $120

Thanks and please put your offers and tel numbers here (do not want to be overwhelmed by offers on my phone).
Genuine offers only.

Thanks a lot

Name: Tommy

Phone Number:
NA - please write offers on CS

Hi, forecast or not it’s not as important to read the announcement clearly.

Olympus as a camera brand is not going to cease and will still be around, it simply got spun off to another company’s ownership. If this happens to Nikon tomorrow, frankly I am not going to offer $150 for a D850 or $50 for a D750.

Any product that is 'old' enough will be a classic, how the company is is not really relevant. Good luck haha.

LOL

I also forecasted my Pen EP1 to work well today. How wanna buy? Since you think it's classic, should fetch classic price ya?
PM me to discuss!

Please read my thread in July 2019 :

Yes the announcement is not about the deterioration of Olympus camera prices, but it will happen. Investors/Private equity players who buy such companies, intend to break it up and sell the components separately or pump in money to build the company up. Given that the camera industry is in a bloodshed, the only viable option is to break Olympus up to tiny pieces and sell it off. Then the camera prices will fall drastically because the new owners does not care about the users. I am thinking ahead.

Just like when we receive COVID-19 payouts of $600, $300 etc, you just don't jump for joy right?
Because we know that the next few steps include returning these payoutsafter GE in the form of higher transport costs, consumption taxes, ERP, GST etc...
We just don't stop at the announcement right? LOL

Congratulations to our moderator who managed to sell 2 Olympus lens cheaply on carousell. Its really good deal!

Please read my thread in July 2019 :

Yes the announcement is not about the deterioration of Olympus camera prices, but it will happen. Investors/Private equity players who buy such companies, intend to break it up and sell the components separately or pump in money to build the company up. Given that the camera industry is in a bloodshed, the only viable option is to break Olympus up to tiny pieces and sell it off. Then the camera prices will fall drastically because the new owners does not care about the users. I am thinking ahead.

Just like when we receive COVID-19 payouts of $600, $300 etc, you just don't jump for joy right?
Because we know that the next few steps include returning these payoutsafter GE in the form of higher transport costs, consumption taxes, ERP, GST etc...
We just don't stop at the announcement right? LOL

Olympus does not only sell cameras but they have other business units as well. They only sold away their loss making camera division. Olympus is still a big company which will not die soon.

Reactions: hobbies_fan
Congratulations to our moderator who managed to sell 2 Olympus lens cheaply on carousell. Its really good deal!

I got a full set of 2 Olympus bodies and 4 lenses from gentleman yesterday. I wanted only 1 body and 1 lens but felt it be neater for him if I just bought the full set he was selling instead., I’ve a good reputation like most of the other people here so it’s not a big deal anyway.

Unfortunately I did not lowball him as I respect everyone.

And unfortunately, the lenses are probably not cheap enough for you. :)

Thanks for explaining about your activities, reputation, respect for others and non-lowballing principles; although none of these were asked. But its a forum so its fine. Have a great weekend!

I got a full set of 2 Olympus bodies and 4 lenses from gentleman yesterday. I wanted only 1 body and 1 lens but felt it be neater for him if I just bought the full set he was selling instead., I’ve a good reputation like most of the other people here so it’s not a big deal anyway.

Unfortunately I did not lowball him as I respect everyone.

And unfortunately, the lenses are probably not cheap enough for you. :)

This is integrity and respect. Well said.