P1010109copy.jpg

Cheers

Another 2 more.
Different processing

P1010123.jpg

P1010123copy.jpg

Cheers

I'll comment on the 1st 2.

My take is that B&W always goes with the feel of a wreck. It captures the 'mood' so to speak, especially since an image of a wreck is usually taken at quite a distance, and there's not much colour to showcase anyway [as seen in the 2nd 'blue' image of the wreck]. So B&W is the way to go for wreck shots, unless you are doing a close-focus wide-angle when there's a diver with some nice coral growth on the wreck.

I fully agree with the B&W wreck thing. Has a more surreal feel to B&W which I feel comes from the expectation of shades rather than contrasting colors.

For the 2nd set, the 1st pic looks slightly dull but the 2nd looks over-processed. Something in-between would be nice.

waisj said:
Thanks mate.. well noted.... :)

Hi, i would prefer that the composition would include the mast for the first 2 pics. i think it would make a notable difference.

waisj, dun like either photos of both sets.

set 1 - generally black and white is better but the first pic, the b/w is lacking in contrast. and too much negative space. also, lack of subject.

set 2 - the rest have said it. muted and over-coloured.

You have posted much better photos before.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the comments.

I will be posting some shots with models on them. However approval is needed prior to posting.

DTan, Thanks for the sincere comments. I wasn't really in Photography mood this time round. Will do better next time.

Will re-process both sets

Thanks all.

Dont like the photos at all. The photos convey no meaning, no purpose. Would be better to have a typical siloette of a diver in the backgroup. It always good practice to include elements of composition in the picture.

Some eg

documentary elements
play of colours
Play of lines
dramatic lighting in case of B+W
play of scale , repetition etc..
Dramatic perspectives.

If not dont shoot cause its not a strong subject unless well perhaps just for memory sake or personal meaning no hard and fast rule here.

Anyway some rule of thumb in B+W photography, try to have the full range of lighting form pure white to pure black. In the case of digital you can play with curves or dodge and burn too to simulate traditional B+W processing of dodge and burn. You can also try adding a red filter.

Wonderful advice tsangstudios,

Appreciate it very much, could you also be soo kind to post some of your photos to show us?

Good stuff Tsangstudios,

Do share more if you have.

Ha ha would love too, but these days no $$$ to dive. Really missed the wonders of the ocean. Recently bought a 5D too and after renovation works on my new place bank will be negative $$$. But maybe if I have time will add some more wreck photos on the link.. But I like your white tip shot, though dam unfortunate the housing fogged.

Dive more Dive more,

and share more share more, haven't seen you around for some time already

5D... plan to house it? sooner or later?

Yeah it is unfortunate the housing fogged... sigh

Cheers

Probably will house the 5D someday. You married? Maybe you can hire me when you big day comes so that I can start the house the 5D fund heh heh..

Watching this discussion, I'm not sure which is a more heart-wrenching situation- having a 5D without a housing or not having a 5D at all.... Maybe I'll buy the housing for the 5D and we can share....

ScoobaKev said:
Watching this discussion, I'm not sure which is a more heart-wrenching situation- having a 5D without a housing or not having a 5D at all.... Maybe I'll buy the housing for the 5D and we can share....

Wha sombody loaded.. Ha ha tempting idea but i think for now will keep that body away from the sea till I have recovered the cost heh heh.. Thats that the single most expensive camera gear I bought to date :p

Tsangstudios said:
Wha sombody loaded.. Ha ha tempting idea but i think for now will keep that body away from the sea till I have recovered the cost heh heh.. Thats that the single most expensive camera gear I bought to date :p

How can be loaded? The housing is going to cost less than the camera body leh! Enjoy it. I'm sure it's a fantastic piece of equipment.:thumbsup:

ScoobaKev said:
How can be loaded? The housing is going to cost less than the camera body leh! Enjoy it. I'm sure it's a fantastic piece of equipment.:thumbsup:

Yup it is, fantastic noise control and FF. Excelent low light focussing. Maybe will house it in a year's time. 16-35 with a dome port will be a dream com true heh heh..

Status
Not open for further replies.